Thread: voluntary deleting of posts? shame on you...

Beans
    Hidden!

Thumbs down voluntary deleting of posts? shame on you...

although i do like the ubuntu-distro a lot, i sadly cannot say the same of the forums, especially if - for no apparent reason - some persons on this board decide to delete posts that did not offend anyone! i don't know who did this, but i "think i know" who is responsible for this. (the topic i am referring to is this one http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=35183)

IF you think that some posts should be changed referring to their contents, then please ask us to do that personally instead of using your dictatorlike approach to "erase history that is not complementing my (=moderators) point of view". other forums do handle this stuff a whole lot better (some where i moderate and some where i do not moderate)! what is the pm option good for, if not for kindly asking to edit a topic? sheeesh......

we are (mostly, i hope) adult beings, so please stop behaving like little kids or treating us as "second-class-users" in these forums... *sigh*

i am very disappointed. really. and if this continues this way, it only shows that some persons are not up to their task as moderators.

.oO(the most funny thing would be now...banning me from the forums because of posting this topic. *lol*)

Beans

Re: voluntary deleting of posts? shame on you...

Interesting. Maybe you should take a look at your own sig before making comments such as these. Nevertheless:

Quote Originally Posted by arctic
    i sadly cannot say the same of the forums, especially if - for no apparent reason - some persons on this board decide to delete posts that did not offend anyone! i don't know who did this, but i "think i know" who is responsible for this.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=35652
    1. Portions of your posts were offensive in tone, content, connotation, and implication.
    2. Before you accuse me of doing something, double check your facts sir.

IF you think that some posts should be changed referring to their contents, then please ask us to do that personally instead of using your dictatorlike approach to "erase history that is not complementing my (=moderators) point of view". other forums do handle this stuff a whole lot better
    1. I did not change any posts.
    2. I did nothing to alter history to "my point of view."
    3. Again, check your facts before accusing me.
    4. We are not other forums.
    5. The way we handle issues works for us.

we are (mostly, i hope) adult beings, so please stop behaving like little kids or treating us as "second-class-users" in these forums... *sigh*

i am very disappointed. really. and if this continues this way, it only shows that some persons are not up to their task as moderators.
    1. Before condemning my actions as a moderator, or my ability to be a moderator, get your facts straight.
    2. Creating a thread in order to express your concerns is admirable; creating a thread to accuse, slander, libel and otherwise patronize the volunteer staff of these forums is childish.
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm agreeing with kassetra here. the posts were moved into another thread and locked-- you should read up on something and learn when you should and should not attack someone for doing their job.

2, we have to head things off before they get extremely offensive. Just because nobody posted in the thread that they found it offensive, or nobody pm'ed you and told you they thought it was offensive doesn't mean that they weren't offended.

3, if you have a problem with the moderation, take it up with the moderators over pm. Else it will just turn into a shouting war.

Beans
    Hidden!

this is becoming somehow funny. first of all... if i use the user cp tool, read the topic and the posts i made are not where they used to be, what impression shall i get then? there was no mention anywhere of splitting the post. so it seems that it was simply a rather bad coincidence. i admit: 80% my fault. 20% your fault because ... how should i know that the post got split-up without a notice or pm? *sigh*
    and kassetra, i still do not understand your problem with the term "joe average". is it only because i used a "male" name in a "womens forum"? i am absolutely puzzled. my wife saw the posts and assured me that there wasn't anything that is or might sound offensive. thus i am still searching in the dark for what you found offensive there...

Just because nobody posted in the thread that they found it offensive, or nobody pm'ed you and told you they thought it was offensive doesn't mean that they weren't offended.
    sorry, but this is ridiculous imho...
    2. I did nothing to alter history to "my point of view."
    by splitting the topic and locking it, you did.
    4. We are not other forums.
    that is sad from a certain point of view.
    5. The way we handle issues works for us.
    but not for me. i have no respect for such kind of "dictatorial behaviour" and i am done in this forum.

bye.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yep. You're definitely done. We'll make sure of it.

---
    UbuntuForums Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden