Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: World of Warcraft Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
    I know nothing about ATI drivers, but according to this page:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...sVideoCardsAti

...Radeon Mobility doesn't support 3d
    According to ATI's site, the version I'm pulling from the repositories supports my 3D Card (Mobility X300 running the M22 chipset), so unless in the process of being put into the repositories functionality was removed, then it works. The fact that Wolfenstein Enemy Territory worked without issue also tells me this.

Beans

same problems, same install/troubleshooting steps, same disappointment in ATI and my X300 card

before burning crusade came out I could play fine, but now I crash as soon as the world loads, sometimes on the loading (progress bar) page

ive spent days of my life crawling forums for a solution :/ anyone had any luck yet?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

See the great wiki-page on WoW: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft

I have an issue with the 10-day trial thing!

Do I actually subscribe to a payment account afterwards? - $14 a month? - I just want to test the game! - No obligations!
    Last edited by daller; March 9th, 2007 at 12:05 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daller View Post
    See the great wiki-page on WoW: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft

I have an issue with the 10-day trial thing!

Do I actually subscribe to a payment account afterwards? - $14 a month? - I just want to test the game! - No obligations!
    There are no obligations if you sign up for the 10 day trial. You just have to cough up the 14$ if you want to keep playing after that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by T3h_Dohtem View Post
    same problems, same install/troubleshooting steps, same disappointment in ATI and my X300 card

before burning crusade came out I could play fine, but now I crash as soon as the world loads, sometimes on the loading (progress bar) page

ive spent days of my life crawling forums for a solution :/ anyone had any luck yet?
    My solution ended up being partitioning off a small bit of space and installing TinyXP, installing the firewall, and blocking every port EXCEPT the ones World of Warcraft uses. This should keep the box reasonably pristine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12