Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: How To: Make Your Own Ubuntu Repository DVDs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How To: Make Your Own Ubuntu Repository DVDs

Quote Originally Posted by justwarm View Post
    yes. i found that key in software sources.
    but my disk is not full. there is till now 17.8 gb is free.
    OK—But then, did you run this command line:
    Code:
    sudo apt-key exportall | gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring trustedkeys.gpg --import
    If so, did it work? Does your debmirror command work after that?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

yes. i found that key in software sources.
    You may have that much left in free space but if I remember correctly Linux leaves a certain percentage so it can work on the file system. So if you have a 200gb disk and you now have only 17.8gb free the disk would "appear" full.

It is strange to me that this is something that has only just occurred. Files contained in / don;t just change themselves so I am leaning towards a full disk scenario like luvr.

Unfortunately I have a full day today and it is 5,45am right now. I will check your attachment when I can later today or tomorrow if your problem isn't fixed yet.
    Last edited by k3lt01; June 23rd, 2010 at 08:46 PM.
    Ubuntu User 23142 | Wiki | Laptop | HowTo:Create a background slideshow and Screensaver | Reconditioning pre-loved PCs and installing Ubuntu to give away to good homes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Just to double-check: I notice that you are downloading into some “/win” directory tree—which I would guess is a Windows disk, right? Are you sure, then, that that isn't full, either?

Beans
    Distro

here is those files in the LWP.tar.gz fileAttachment 161325
    Line 105 of Protocol.pm is
    Code:
                open(my $fh, ">", $arg) or die "Can't write to '$arg': $!";
    Now if you take a look at it in the actual file the word "Can't" appears to have a problem (i.e. "Can" is in black while "'t" is in pink. From my limited knowledge of scripting when a line, or word, takes on a colour unless there is an "argument" to change it and that cannot happen part way through a word.

Line 841-844 of UserAgent.pm is
    Code:
        my $response = $self->request($request, $tmpfile);
        if ( $response->header('X-Died') ) {
    	die $response->header('X-Died');
    Looking at the last line and comparing it to the line above, again from my limited knowledge of scripting, the last line is missing a ( before the $response and a ) after the '). Please also note the spacing.

I must say that I am just taking a guess here.
    Last edited by k3lt01; June 24th, 2010 at 04:37 AM.
    Ubuntu User 23142 | Wiki | Laptop | HowTo:Create a background slideshow and Screensaver | Reconditioning pre-loved PCs and installing Ubuntu to give away to good homes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by luvr View Post
    OK—But then, did you run this command line:
    Code:
    sudo apt-key exportall | gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring trustedkeys.gpg --import
    If so, did it work? Does your debmirror command work after that?

thanks luvr. after entering that code in terminal debmiror goes ok. now my problem is solved.
    thank you again.
    & i also wnats to thanks everyone who also tried to help me.
    Last edited by justwarm; June 24th, 2010 at 05:51 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by k3lt01 View Post
    You may have that much left in free space but if I remember correctly Linux leaves a certain percentage so it can work on the file system. So if you have a 200gb disk and you now have only 17.8gb free the disk would "appear" full.
    You're certainly right that Linux reserves a percentage of the space for system work, but I think that this system-reserved space will be counted as "in use," not as "free."

So, in my opinion, if the system tells you that it has 17.8 GB free, then that's 17.8 GB free for you to use, not 17.8 GB minus the system-reserved space.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Beans
    Distro

I read it and can categorically state that it is not a problem for everyone. It does not affect my system in the way that bug describes. You may also note, you will have to read back through this thread to see it again, that I have played with both debmirror_20070123ubuntu1 and debmirror_20070123ubuntu3 and have never come across the issue described by you or the bug reports OP. I do get the "can't find release gpg" but the download continues as it should in very other manner.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist, although I agree with Rees Cook's marking as invalid even after you reopened it from that state, as very little information exists to help others duplicate it. I think that a little bit more detective work is in order on that bug, and not having it I can't do any, to see why it appears to be a problem on so few a number of systems.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

It is not on few systems, it happens even on a fresh installs of Ubuntu OS, I used to use debmirror from debian box by copying it into /usr/bin, but since Karmic, debian's version of debmirror has changed as will.

Anyway my debmirror version is 1:2.4.4ubuntu2(lucid)
    d726ac4a49729a360dff26082e72c221 /usr/bin/debmirror

Thank you

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Sensiva View Post
    It is not on few systems, it happens even on a fresh installs of Ubuntu OS,
    Lets not turn this into a semantic debate.

What I am saying is that the bug report has only 2 confirmed cases that do not complete a download as it should, compare that to the number of people who use debmirror and it is only a few systems. My systems work as they did before except that I get a warning about gpg key yet the systems still download as they should with no difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensiva View Post
    I used to use debmirror from debian box by copying it into /usr/bin, but since Karmic, debian's version of debmirror has changed as will.
    That will probably be because Debian and Ubuntu devs are often, not always, one and the same person.

May I respectfully suggest you and our new friend do a little detective work and try to add more to the bug report because as it is you are 1 of 3 people that we know of who have this issue. If it is to be fixed properly those that have it will need to help others who don't try to fix it.

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast