Please don't remove or stop maintaining this HowTo, it does a better job than APTonCD.
I did notice that they seem to have found a solution to one of the problems here...
As noted in APTonCD's release notes, a file called README.diskdefines in the discs root fixes some detection issues with APT.
I tried Googling for more info about this file, but without success so far.
#define DISKNAME Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn" - Release i386
#define TYPE binary
#define TYPEbinary 1
#define ARCH i386
#define ARCHi386 1
#define DISKNUM 1
#define DISKNUM1 1
#define TOTALNUM 0
#define TOTALNUM0 1
Hope this helps.