Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UBeryl~Ubuntu Live CD with Beryl preinstalled!...(link translated by Google)

Beans

Red face UBeryl~Ubuntu Live CD with Beryl preinstalled!...(link translated by Google)

I have not tried this out but for those who want Ubuntu with Beryl preinstalled on a live CD here is your answer, UBeryl!

Uberyl runs beryl in Livecd with graphical Cards Intel, specially in portable, for other graphical cards with propietary software, (Nvidia and Ati), to install drivers from Automatix and to form them.
    Uberyl runs beryl in Livecd with graphical Cards Intel, specially in laptops, graphical for others cards with propietary software, (Nvidia and Ati), to install drivers from Automatix and to form them.
    Marco A.
    http://translate.google.com/translat...ERYL%26hl%3Den
    Last edited by RAV TUX; February 3rd, 2007 at 11:12 AM.

Beans

Re: UBeryl~Ubuntu Live CD with Beryl preinstalled! Sometime Dreams do come true.

I am downloading the Alpha ISO now...

download here:

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/299864/uberyl_alpha.iso

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: UBeryl~Ubuntu Live CD with Beryl preinstalled!...Sometime Dreams do come true.

Thanks for this RT. This will be great for doing demos (if it works!)
    Aubrey
    Make a difference with Kiva microloans.
    My (new) Arduino and Ubuntu Blog

Beans

Re: UBeryl~Ubuntu Live CD with Beryl preinstalled!...Sometime Dreams do come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tux Aubrey View Post
    Thanks for this RT. This will be great for doing demos (if it works!)
    lets hope it works....16% into my download now.

Beans
    Hidden!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Err... that picture is a Macbook running Mac OS!
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Beryl is soooo easy to install using the beryl wiki or Ubuntu's wiki. I don't understand why it must be preinstalled? What I would suggest is a script that could run and determine if Beryl could run on a computer. The script would install if it could determine that the graphics card could support Beryl or the user insisted that it be installed. It should be basically a virtual package. I don't see why this couldn't exist. I believe the repos. would have to be changed but as far as I am aware that is about the extent of the changes necessary.
    Last edited by yigal.weinstein; February 3rd, 2007 at 10:38 AM. Reason: drunk I have to edit what I write

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yigal.weinstein View Post
    Beryl is soooo easy to install using the beryl wiki or Ubuntu's wiki. I don't understand why it must be preinstalled? What I would suggest is a script that could run and determine if Beryl could run on a computer. The script would install if it could determine that the graphics card could support Beryl or the user insisted that it be installed. It should be basically a virtual package. I don't see why this couldn't exist. I believe the repos. would have to be changed but as far as I am aware that is about the extent of the changes necessary.
    I think the point here is to have a live CD of Ubuntu with Beryl preinstalled for demonstration purposes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: UBeryl~Ubuntu Live CD with Beryl preinstalled!...(link translated by Google)

Thanks !!! Please keep us posted. Unfortunately I can't download it now, I used too much of my Internet Cap this month already... >.<

Beans

Re: UBeryl~Ubuntu Live CD with Beryl preinstalled!...(link translated by Google)

Quote Originally Posted by WinterWeaver View Post
    Thanks !!! Please keep us posted. Unfortunately I can't download it now, I used too much of my Internet Cap this month already... >.<
    Burning the UBeryl CD now with K3B.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RAV TUX; February 3rd, 2007 at 11:39 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast