• Yes

181 31.21%
  • No

399 68.79%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Vista Bring You to Ubuntu?

Beans

Did Vista Bring You to Ubuntu?

Vista was the whole reason I moved to kubuntu. The closer the release date gets the sicker I feel. Is something wrong with me?

I am just so freaking discussed with vista. And it blows my mind that some people actually are looking forward to it!

*esaym vomits into his mouth alittle bit and swallows it
    MS gonna get ya

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Did Vista Bring You to Ubuntu?

I've actually had three friends inquire about Ubuntu because they've tried betas of Vista and are not happy at all. We will see what happens.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Its upcoming release made me want to give Ubuntu a try, see if I coulnd't finally get linux working properly - and I did, so yeah, I guess it sort of did...
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Education is what is left when you have forgotten all the facts. -Francis Bacon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Vista was not the reason I came to Ubuntu, but it's the reason I'll never willingly touch a Microsoft OS again

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomosaur View Post
    Vista was not the reason I came to Ubuntu, but it's the reason I'll never willingly touch a Microsoft OS again
    Quoted for truth.
    If someone tells you to sudo rm -rf ANYTHING, then DO NOT DO IT!

Don't run any command with rm in it unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I didn't even know about Vista before I came to use my first Linux distro, but I will not be installing Vista, even though I have one computer that uses XP.
    "Help stop software piracy...use Linux. and FOSS!"
    What's better than whining on the forums? Making a difference!

Beans
    Hidden!

I have two windows apps that I can't live without and that have no Linux equivalent. This chains me to XP on my main computer, though for everything else I use Ubuntu on my other PC.

But I won't ever use Vista. Won't buy it. WILL take it off any PC I buy.

And yes, it was Vista that made me decide to try Linux yet again (fourth attempt, over the years - but thanks to Ubuntu this time I'll be sticking with it).

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

viruses and spywaremade me come to ubuntu a couple of years ago, as well wanting to do with MY computer what i wanted and not what someone THINKS i should do.

Vista is gonna open a can or worms, viruses and trojans. all the cracker-malware-kiddies will target it cos ...... well, its such a big target
    ======================================
    Explosion at pie factory in Huddersfield.
    3.14159265 confirmed dead !!
    ======================================

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I work with and support computers. This means that one day I may get a copy of Vista since it's really hard to support people who will be using it if I don't have it.

However, Vista did push me along the Learning Linux path. I don't remember why I chose to learn Ubuntu, it was a little more than a year ago when I first gave the flatulent badger a try. I realized that I could install it and use it, with little difficulty. I just didn't like that I didn't know the nuts and bolts of the OS. I still have alot to learn.

I tried the Vista betas and RC1, I didn't like them. They didn't have a driver for ATI 9250!!!, to that I said what kind of joke is this. What kind of RC doesn't have a basic ATI agp driver? Some release candidate!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tomosaur View Post
    My sentiments exactly.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast