Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Why do you choose your browser over others?

Beans

Re: Why do you choose your browser over others?

Opera forever.Why?I used IE wich is worst thing I ever tried and I need Outlook for mail.Then I swiched to FF and understand that I can still use Outlook or choose Thunderbird.After that I tried Opera and relized everything is inside.No other programs to downoad,no choices to make.I have all I need in one place.And speed and stability...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I found Firefox on Windows, because like most, I wanted a browser for security reasons that wasn't a direct link to the heart of the operating system. (Update security in Firefox - reboot Firefox. Update security in IE - reboot Windows.)

I've used Opera and I like it, but I've gotten use to Firefox, and I know how to tweak it to my needs. So, I'll stick with it until I can't resist moving on to something newer and cooler. But, I haven't seen anything yet...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

greetings,
    i use firefox. its fast, tabbed and easy.
    it was good using netscape in the ooollld days instead of microsofts offering.unfortunately i am forced to use IE at work, some sites still want only IE . (its windozzze there)
    its refreshing to get home to a nice browser. i dont like opera , all those adds, flashing lights and crap ewww.
    still experimenting with linux here, trying to solve the screen res and acpi problems on my armada 1700 to get ubuntu really flying.
    (we are solar powered so a big computer is out of the question)
    cheers

Beans
    Hidden!

I use Opera right now. I did like Firefox, and especially the configurability, but after a while all the extensions became too much. I used 10-15 different extensions to do things which in many cases should have been included from the start. All these extensions (or perhaps just one of them, who knows?) made the browser buggy and one day it crashed so bad I couldn't start it again.

Then I tried Opera, and everything was just as I wanted it to be. Mouse gestures, advanced tabbed browsing, speed and stability, everything was there to begin with. I sometimes miss the flexibility of Firefox, but the overall browsing experience is a lot nicer with Opera.

Beans

I use Konqueror, on gnome. The only thing I miss from Firefox is the ability to do an "I'm feeling lucky" Google search in the location bar (which actually seemss to just do regular Google searches more often than not in FF2), and the memory footprint.

Suprisingly enough, Konqueror fits into my Gnome desktop better than FF did with the Tango theme.
    AMD Opteron 165 | 3GB | ATI Radeon X1800

Beans

I use Firefox 1.5ish. Opera is nice, but the interface is a little less polished feeling to me. I'm not a big fan of Firefox as it does crash occasionally, but the only alternatives beside Opera seem to use the same engine as Firefox so I haven't even bothered to try them. I haven't upgraded to 2.0 yet, due to instability rumors. Are the bugs worked out of it yet?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456