Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pledge drive 2: asking for Linux help!!! (or am I just crazy?)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: Pledge drive 2: asking for Linux help!!! (or am I just crazy?)

Sure, I am up for it, but like someone else said, sales people really don't care. They pretend they're listening to your complaint, ask their manager for a break, have lunch, and never remember the complaint. Hey, I am not making this up...besides, I am one of these people! You really think I care about my customer's complaints or suggestions? NOPE.

It's better to bother higher ups. It really is. They're at least responsible towards the stock holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hex_Mandos View Post
    I'm in, but I've already been doing this for a while. I've also been pestering my ISP's tech support to get them to support Linux officially (however, when you find someone that unofficially supports Linux, their service will be 100 times better than it'd been on Windows... I found three technicians working for two ISPs who had Linux experience, and they were all cool guys)
    I bet they thought of you as a nut-job, even though you're probably normal.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    I bet they thought of you as a nut-job, even though you're probably normal.
    You're probably right on that but the problem comes more from the ones that go beyond just thinking it to actually treat you like a "nut-job" and behave rudely or even vulgarly toward you. Even if your client really is a nut-job it does not condone rude behavior these people are giving your business their hard earned cash the money your business needs to survive.
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such government [...]"
    —Declaration of Independence

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    It's better to bother higher ups. It really is. They're at least responsible towards the stock holders.
    That's true, I have heard and thought about it.

Here's the thing, who have 'access' to those higher up people? Shall we sent mass e-mails to him that eventually ends up in the SPAM filter?

Even if someone can talk to one of the vendors higher ups (I am sure this has done before to some degree.); what are they going to think and respond? They could just say "we can't afford it, Linux is only 0.001% of the market they all know how to write their own driver anyway."; since there are no real data of how many Linux user there are, you can't really deny that usual response.

The point of asking for Linux compatible products isn't really to so that a retailer actually fetch one for you, although that'll be the ultimate goal. But the point now shall be getting the word out there that the MASS are using Linux as a desktop.

The masses doesn't usually talks to higher ups in companies, but rather interact with retail stores at most of the times, getting every retail stores to start realise the number of current Linux user will be a really great start to get the word out.

Think outside the box, you are not limited to go to retail stores. You can well call Dell and ask for a Linux Desktop; go to Walmart ask for Linux games, ask your ISP which plan is best for Linux, etc...

So don't worry about higher ups yet, get the word out there, so when someone go talk to the bosses, they'll have real data to back it up.
    Last edited by Sunnz; February 7th, 2007 at 09:47 AM.
    Registered Linux User #404403 - Ubuntu User #19426

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12