Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Ubuntu Women

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Announcing Ubuntu Women

Quote Originally Posted by panickedthumb View Post
    just don't feel comfortable interacting in forums/IRC/etc, because of some attitudes that many have. This community will try to weed out those attitudes.
    I'm a man and I dislike the snobby attitudes of much of the Linux community. If it weren't for the necessity for help from time to time, I would avoid Linux communities like the plague. It's about time someone started a snob-free Linux community.

Sincerely,
    Patrick Thomas (Timberwolf)

Beans

Hi all.
    I'm a female user of ubuntu too..

Just wanted to officially say hello in this thread!
    Last edited by andrea_libri; July 29th, 2016 at 10:57 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_libri View Post
    Hi all.
    I'm a female user of ubuntu too..

Just wanted to officially say hello in this thread!
    Hello and welcome andrea_libri
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

agreed!

btw, all tomboys of the world... UNITE!

As a woman using Ubuntu, I like the idea of avoiding snobbish attitudes, too!
    Version currently on laptop: Linux version 3.11.0-18-generic (buildd@toyol) (gcc version 4.8.1 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.8.1-10ubuntu8) )Ubuntu distro with XFCE environment.

Beans

I am female and I have ubuntu on my computer

Beans

I am female. Hear me program! I'm the computer repair, IT, and programmer and network admin for my house. The guys just use the computers. I've taught them a few things, like how to fix fans, clean out dust, upgrade RAM, but mostly they are happy to leave it to me. I do the plumbing and tech, my husband cooks and does crafts and music.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Welcome kulaywolf and spidell-renea
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

I am a lady and I use ubuntu .

I find it calming know that I have a lot of technical understanding . Linux is a great tool for that! As soon as you learn a new command line, makes me feel boss af. Like, when i finally learnt after a few years how to fix busybox errors without needing to boot from a disk to let it solve it. Fsck = my friend... I have never had that kind of experience with a Windows OS .

I've been using Linux for about 6 years. Mostly on laptops, but recently built my own PC.

I have mostly used ubuntu but tried a few OS systems inbetween. I dont mind Mint, I really liked Debian. I tried this super-mini unix OS for a bit, hehe. But I generally always fall back to Ubuntu.

I've been gaming for about a year and a half now using Linux.

I really love linux a lot tbh.

For one, when I'm rattling on about computer stuff. Mainstream western "male computer users" are all O.O. I think linux in itself is great for women to suffice their own needs. Most guys rocking up to your sharehouse then exclaiming excitedly that they can "fix your PC" and then watching their faces as they realise they have no idea how to even work linux let alone fix a hard-mode problem. Well its great. Rather than having men pedantically trying to white-knight all your issues. Cause you can just stop them by saying "different OS mate" . Its a safety net to prevent overexposure to male fastidiousness . Not that there is any problem with it, just that, not every computer person is made equal. But most western men use Windows, and deem that they have a certain amount of technical know-how to "solve" your issues. Rather than actually knowing the specifics into a problem that you may have been working on solving for six months. Rofl.

I appreciate that there is a womans forum .

*even though i'm sure that all the men are reading it XD*

Beans

Thank you!

Beans

Hi!

I've been using Debian on my laptop for the last few years but want to switch to Ubuntu as it seems friendlier towards WoW and Hearthstone. I also use Windows 10 for my desktop and am aiming to change since the whole love/hate thing has become hate/hate. Nice to see a women-friendly forum, however quiet.

Professional lurker,
    Feminine propagandist,
    mariqat

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast