Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Auto transcode MYTHTV recorded shows to DVD, XVID or DIVX cutting out the co

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: Auto transcode MYTHTV recorded shows to DVD, XVID or DIVX cutting out the

looks like you are missing the nuv_export perl modules. verify that you have them installed. Mine are located in....
    Code:
    /usr/local/share/nuvexport/nuv_export
    Which should contain the following perl modules....

Code:
    cli.pm  
    help.pm  
    shared_utils.pm  
    task.pm  
    ui.pm
    -GC
    "Nice jail. Looks strong."
    - H. Houdini

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Auto transcode MYTHTV recorded shows to DVD, XVID or DIVX cutting out the

Quote Originally Posted by GrammatonCleric View Post
    First, I would disable the function to run User Job one on all recordings for now. the setting you have enabled in the screen capture...

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.p...5&d=1181282735

Set this on a per show basis not globally for all shows. Doing this will allow you to set different quality settings for different shows (i.e. I have StarGate set to best where as I have Ghost Hunters set to Medium.).

Next, what is the value you have set for the "Max Simultaneous Jobs on this Backend" ? I have mine set to 4 but you may want to set this to something that your processor can handle.

Do you have your setting for "Start Auto Commercial Flagging Jobs when Recording Starts" enabled? This starts the commercial flagging while the show is recording vs. doing this as a post recording process.

-GC
    Ok I have made the changes you specified. One question, now my log is saying the jobs start transcoding and then like 2 seconds later that they are finished sucessfully. I have it set right now to output the transcoded files to the mythtv recording directory. Should/can I change this to another directory. I would like it to output to my media/Data partition and then to my TV folder on this partition. So media/Data/Tv (would this be correct) I am thinking it might be a permissions thing so how would I make this directory available to be outputted to. The username I run as already can read and write to this directory. Thanks

Beans

i tried changing the dir to one in my home folder that I gave everyone acess to read and write and I still have the same problem. The transcode starts and a few secondes later says it finished. Is there a script I could try to make sure nuvexport is setup correctly? When I run nuvexport from terminal, the xvid option is disabled. Is this suppose to happen?
    Last edited by jba6511; June 10th, 2007 at 12:25 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by GrammatonCleric View Post
    looks like you are missing the nuv_export perl modules. verify that you have them installed. Mine are located in....
    Code:
    /usr/local/share/nuvexport/nuv_export
    checked that also, files are in place

is there any difference running this scripts from mythtv or from terminal? I'm totally lost...

thanks for your help

Beans

I tried to record a show and run nuvexport from the terminal to see what was happening. Here are the results. Any ideas?

Now encoding: Pimp My Ride: Toyota RAV4
    Encode started: Sun Jun 10 14:36:33 2007
    Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
    Starting ffmpeg.
    processed: 0 of 3553 frames at 0 fps (~%, eta: unknown)

ffmpeg had critical errors:

Unsupported codec for output stream #0.1

Beans

ok I think I have everything working properly. To fix that error I was getting I had to add the ubuntu multimedia repos to the source list and then download ffmpeg from there. After some software updates I am all set. However, when encoding to xvid, the quality does not look good at all on my TV when streaming through xbmc and does not look good during playback on the monitor. Is there anything that can be done to correct this. Everything looks blurry so far. Here is a copy of my configuration
    PHP Code:
    #
    # nuvexportrc:
    #
    #  This file contains the configuration for nuvexport, and should be installed
    #    as /etc/nuvexportrc.  You can also copy this file to ~/.nuvexportrc, where
    #    nuvexport will look first, if you wish to create settings local to a
    #    specific user.
    #
    #  I try to use this file to document all of the commandline options supported
    #    by nuvexport, but it is quite likely that a few slip through here and there
    #    unnoticed.  Feel free to poke around in the code for add_arg() calls to see
    #    all of the available options.
    #

#
    #  Anything placed within the <nuvexport> section will be interpreted
    #    as a global option.  Use this section for options that don't relate
    #    specifically to any particular exporter.
    #
    <nuvexport>

#
    #  Set export_prog to ffmpeg, transcode or mencoder, depending on your
    #    preference of program for exports.  This is equivalent to --ffmpeg,
    #    --transcode or --mencoder
    #
    #   export_prog=ffmpeg

#
    #  Any other parameters set in this file are equivalent to using the equivalent
    #    setting as a commandline option.  For boolean options like --deinterlace
    #    (--nodeinterlace), use deinterlace=yes (or no, true or false) instead.
    #    Actual commandline options will override anything in this file.
    #

#
    #  Preferred mode -- if you don't set this, nuvexport will ask you what you
    #    would like to do.  Use --mode or any of the mode symlinks (like
    #    nuvexport-xvid) to override.
    #
    #    mode=xvid

#
    #  Setting underscores to yes will convert whitespace in filenames to an
    #    underscore character (which some people seem to prefer)
    #

underscores=yes

#
    #  Setting require_cutlist to yes will tell nuvexport to show only those
    #    recordings that have a cutlist
    #
    #    require_cutlist=no

#
    #  By default, nuvexport picks what it thinks is a good name for your file
    #    (doing its best to avoid printing "Untitled" into the filename).  Setting
    #    name will let you change the output format of the filename generated by
    #    nuvexport.  Even after this formatting, nuvexport will still do some basic
    #    replacements to make sure that illegal filename characters (eg. /\:*?<>|)
    #    are replaced with a dash (or " with a ').  The following format variables
    #    are supported:
    #
    #    %f -> full path to the filename
    #    %c -> the chanid of the show
    #    %a -> start time in YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format
    #    %b -> end time in YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format
    #    %t -> title (show name)
    #    %s -> subtitle (episode name)
    #    %h -> hostname where the file resides
    #    %m -> showtime in human-readable format (see --date below)
    #    %d -> description
    #    %% -> a % character
    #
    #    filename=%t - %s

#
    #  By default, nuvexport uses an American-style date to represent showtimes in
    #    lists and filenames.  Use --date to override that with the format of your
    #    choosing.  See the UnixDate section `perldoc Date::Manip` for formatting
    #    options.
    #
    #    date=%m/%d, %i:%M %p

#
    #  Nuvexport has the option to crop a percentage of the border of each recording
    #  in order to get rid of the unsightly edges of the tv signal.  The default 2%
    #  approximates the overscan of an average TV, but you can alter this from 0 to
    #  5% to fit your preferences.  Please keep in mind that this amount is removed
    #  prior to making any aspect conversions like removing black bars from 4:3
    #  recordings to make a 16:9 export.
    #

crop_pct 2

#
    #  Alternatively, you can override the general crop_pct to crop a different
    #  amount from specific sides of the recording.
    #
    #   crop_top    = 2
    #   crop_right  = 2
    #   crop_bottom = 2
    #   crop_left   = 2

#
    #  You can also override the output aspect ratio.  This is useful in combination
    #  with crop_top=12.5 and crop_bottom=12.5 to remove the black bars from the
    #  top/bottom of recordings broadcast in fake widescreen.
    #
    #   out_aspect  = 16:9
    #

</nuvexport>

#
    #  The sections below work as above, with each more specific section overriding
    #    the more generic.
    #

<generic>

#
    # Default to export to the current directory
    #

path = /home/blake/Transcoded Tv

#
    # Use the cutlist (not to be confused with the commercial flag list) when
    #    exporting.
    #

use_cutlist yes

#
    # Tell mythcommflag to generate a cutlist from the commercial flags before
    #    exporting.  Don't forget to enable use_cutlist above, too.
    #

gencutlist yes

#
    # Contrary to popular belief, enabling multipass will not make your recordings
    #    look better.  What it will do, however is guarantee that the bitrate you
    #    choose will be the average bitrate of your entire encode (meaning that your
    #    exports will end up being about the same size per-minute), and that you
    #    will receive the best overall quality for a files of the same size.
    #

multipass no

#
    # Disabling noise reduction can speed up your exports dramatically, but at the
    #    expense of some quality.  For your convenience, this is also aliased on
    #    the commandline as --denoise (or --nodenoise), as well as
    #    --noise_reduction.
    #

noise_reduction no

#
    # Deinterlace the video so that it looks better on software players.
    #

deinterlace     yes

#
    # Crop about 2% from the border of the recording before encoding.  This is done
    #    to get rid of part of the broadcast signal that is usually obscured by the
    #    tv's overscan.
    #

crop yes

#
    #  You can create settings for each export module type.  These are the
    #    second-most generic sections, and will only be reached if there are no
    #    matches in the full or generic module names.
    #
    #  If you have a particularly dirty signal, you might want to try to disable
    #    fast_denoise (it's actually part of yuvdenoise, which both the ffmpeg
    #    and transcode exporters call).  It can be almost twice as slow as the
    #    default "fast" normal noise reduction, but it considerably more effective.
    #    The latest version of yuvdenoise (which is called directly by the ffmpeg
    #    exporters) does not support this option, so it is ignored in that case.
    #

fast_denoise no

#
    #  If nuvexport is having trouble detecting the *input* aspect ratio of your
    #    recordings (MythTV used to hard-code all software-encoded files as 1:1
    #    regardless of the true aspect), set this option to one of the following:
    #
    #   force_aspect = [ 1:1 4:3 16:9 2.21:1 ]

</generic>

<
    ffmpeg>
    #
    #  ffmpeg is almost twice as fast if you disable noise reduction
    #
    #    noise_reduction = no
    #
    #  By default, nuvexport's ffmpeg module lets ffmpeg handle deinterlacing.
    #    I've found that this provides the best results, but if you wish to let
    #    yuvdenoise do it instead, set deint_in_yuvdenoise to a true value.
    #
    #    deint_in_yuvdenoise = no
    #
    </ffmpeg>

<
    transcode>

#
    #  Mythtranscode will always be used for nupplevideo recordings because
    #    transcode can't read them, but setting force_mythtranscode to yes will
    #    force nuvexport to call mythtranscode when using the transcode exporter for
    #    mpeg recordings, too.  This may help problems that some people have been
    #    having with transcode not recognizing certain dvb recordings, as well as
    #    transcode not working properly on certain ivtv recordings.
    #

force_mythtranscode yes

#
    #  Setting both force_mythtranscode and mythtranscode_cutlist to yes will tell
    #    nuvexport to use mythtranscode's built-in cutlist functions, rather than
    #    having transcode use its own.  I've found that the cutlists for a handful
    #    of ivtv recordings that do not work properly with transcode's internal
    #    cutlist handler.
    #

mythtranscode_cutlist yes

</transcode>

<
    mencoder>
    </
    mencoder>

################################################################################

#
    #  You can also create settings for generic export module names.  These will
    #    only be overridden by full module names.
    #

<XviD>

vbr          yes   # Enable vbr to get the multipass/quantisation options
                             # (enabling multipass or quantisation automatically enables vbr)

multipass    no   # You get either multipass or quantisation; multipass will override

quantisation 3     # 4 through 6 is probably right...  1..31 are allowed (lower is better quality)

a_bitrate    256   # Audio bitrate of 128 kbps

v_bitrate    4500   # Remember, quantisation overrides video bitrate

width        624   # Height adjusts automatically to width, according to aspect ratio

height       auto

</XviD>
    <
    DIVX>

multipass    no   # You get either multipass or quantisation; multipass will override

quantisation 2  # 4 through 6 is probably right...  1..31 are allowed (lower is better quality)

a_bitrate    256   # Audio bitrate of 256 kbps

width        624   # Height adjusts automatically to width, according to aspect ratio

height       auto

</DIVX>
    <
    DVD>

quantisation 2  # 4 through 6 is probably right...  1..31 are allowed (lower is better quality)

a_bitrate    256   # Audio bitrate of 256 kbps

height       auto

</DVD>

#
    #  The mp3 bitrate used by MythTV's software encoder is 128, so there is no
    #    real need to go any higher in exports.  You can, of course, turn this up if
    #    you get your recordings from other sources.
    #
    <MP3>

bitrate 128
    </MP3

Beans
    Distro

Glad to hear that you got things working. As to the quality issue if you look at my second post for this thread you'll see that I opted not to use FFMPEG but rather MENCODER due to quality issues with FFMPEG. The down side is that mencoder is a little slower but the quality is much better. I've even uploaded two sample videos in my 3rd post.

-GC
    - H. Houdini

Beans

Thanks, I will try using those settings for an upcoming recording and report back.

Beans

Well I spoke to soon. Everything works fine when I run nuvexport and then re encode that way. However, nothing is running when I try to run the scripts in mythtv. Here is a copy of the log

PHP Code:
    0      166      jobqueue      5      0      2007-06-10 20:36:09      e6300      Job "Convert to DIVX" Finished      Finished "Convert to DIVX" for "10 (WGHP)" recorded from channel 1010 at Sun Jun 10 20:35:00 2007.
    1     165     jobqueue     5     0     2007
    -06-10 20:36:09     e6300     Job "Convert to DIVX" Started     Started "Convert to DIVX" for "10 (WGHP)" recorded from channel 1010 at Sun Jun 10 20:35:00 2007
    2     164     commflag     5     0     2007
    -06-10 20:36:04     e6300     Commercial Flagging Finished     10 (WGHP"Sun Jun 10 20:34:00 2007" recorded from channel 1010 at Sun Jun 10 20:35:00 20070 commercial break(s)
    3     163     scheduler     5     0     2007-06-10 20:36:01     e6300     Finished recording     10 (WGHP"Sun Jun 10 20:34:00 2007"channel 1010
    4     162     scheduler     6     0     2007
    -06-10 20:36:00     e6300     Scheduled items     Scheduled 1 items in 0.0 0.01 match 0.01 place 
    So nothing is being outputted to my directory. I have attached a screenshot of the user jobs from mythweb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	34978  

Beans
    Distro

Two things...

First, your output path....

Code:
    # 
    # Default to export to the current directory 
    # 
        path = /home/blake/Transcoded Tv 
    I'm betting it may not find the directory "Transcoded Tv" due to the space between Transcoded and Tv. Try renaming the directory to "Transcoded_Tv" and change the path to reflect this. Make sure of the permissions of the directory after you do this, make sure that the user that MythTV is running as has full read and write acccess to it.

Second, your User Job1 does not include the full path to the nuvexport-xvid binary as the others do.

-GC
    - H. Houdini

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast