Thread: Pricechild requested my presence here.

Beans

Pricechild requested my presence here.

I tought there was going to be a bit of progress due to Mike's (KiwiNZ)idea about making the forums fun again. Well once again overzealous moderating slaps humour and fun in the face again, give up Mike it's not worth the effort. I see no reason to continue as a member here, and this post is just to clear up this last problem.

I have a great sense of humour and generally try to inject a bit of humour in my posts to lighten the mood. Those of you who know me know this.
    I never want to offend anybody but evidently I have just offended myself, but luckily I have been protected by a moderator.

Thanks for saving me the abuse and heartache Pricechild, how would I survive the torment without you?

I am mildly dyslexic (mentioned in a post about disabilities before but I can't find it via the search) and am not offended at all about jokes about dyslexia, I have a sense of humour. I also suffer with insomnia (checkout some of the times on my posts) and ....... wait for it ! I am an Atheist (also in some thread somewhere.

I replied to the religion thread and got a triple whammy (for making it fun):-

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...94#post2034594

1. The post get's Jailed. Well KiwiNZ this forum sure is fun.
    2. I get attacked by some bloke, and accused of starting a flame war, with who I am not sure, but anyway.
    3. I get a nice message from "Pricey" informing me that I have recieved an infarction point.

Re: You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by richbarna
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PriceChild
    Dear richbarna,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2034594

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
    -------
    I am currently investigating the post you reported.

In the meantime I noticed this joke which Is in extremely poor taste.
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
    Ubuntu Forums

In poor taste ?! Are you crazy ?! I AM dyslexic, I DO suffer with insomnia and I am an Atheist. Didn't you get the ending ? Dog = God (dyslexia, I am laughing at my disability)

I give up with you people, I really do.

I understand the "joke". I am also aware that there are those who would find it offensive.

I will not discuss this matter anymore via PM.

If you wish to contest the issue you may head to the Resolution Center.

Pricey
    What was my CRIME ? I said this joke :-

Re: With what religion do you most identify?
    I am a dyslexic, insomniac, atheist.

I often stay awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.
    That's it. That was so outrageous, I got Jailed attacked and PM'd

Well Mike, good luck trying to inject some fun into this forum, Pricechild, you need to get a sense of humour. I also did not like your use of "richbarna and friends" comment as if there is some kind of mod-free against UF war going on.
    You are sadly mistaken, there have been differences,but I for one get on fine with the mods here, ask the other mods here.

Well that's it, I have said my bit. I will come back to see your reply, and that will be the last you will see of me and my outrageously scandelous posts.

Rich

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Pricechild requested my presence here.

Sorry these forums can't be all things to all people. It is not my intent to come across as a cold, calloused person, but it is obvious that you have had big issues with how these forums have been run for a long time. There have been many times you have contributed in helping users and that has been appreciated greatly.

There does come a time in some relationships when philosophies clash and choices have to be made. The moderation style in these forums works really well for the overwhelming majority of users nearly, but not quite all the time. We tweak things occasionally but we don't anticipate any major, sweeping changes. I respect your desire to stand up for what you believe in. That said, it's probably time for a (hopefully friendly) parting of the ways.

I wish you well.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    The moderation style in these forums works really well for the overwhelming majority of users nearly, but not quite all the time.
    Your moderation style Matt, yes. I have nothing but respect for you here and at Mod-Free, my problem is with overzealous moderating that takes the fun out of a forum, by overprotecting mostly adult members that can defend themselves, or choose not to read something.

I respect your desire to stand up for what you believe in. That said, it's probably time for a (hopefully friendly) parting of the ways.
    I wish you well.
    Thank you, I wish you well too.

Is Pricey going to defend the jailing of a joke, or are you posting on his behalf?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by richbarna View Post
    Is Pricey going to defend the jailing of a joke, or are you posting on his behalf?
    Only the original poster and admins have permission to post in the Res Center so he can't comment further. I didn't bother with the specifics on this only because I think there's a bigger issue involved...it would be like a doctor treating a symptom instead of looking at the cause. I hope that's okay.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

I see, he can jail and reprimand but not justify. This mislead me :-
    I will not discuss this matter anymore via PM.

If you wish to contest the issue you may head to the Resolution Center.

Pricey
    I'm not all that happy, but i'll leave it and bid you farewell. You know where I will be if you ever fancy a chat.

|
    | Rich, Spamming again
    |
    v