Page 100 of 104 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1032

Thread: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

Beans

Re: Updated packages

Quote Originally Posted by raoulbhatia View Post
    there seems to be one bug in samsungmfp-scanner-usblp-fix: /etc/init.d/samsungmfp-usblp:

Code:
    diff -r e66a4e171400 /etc/init.d/samsungmfp-usblp
    --- /etc/init.d/samsungmfp-usblp    Mon Jun 11 13:43:05 2012 +0200
    +++ /etc/init.d/samsungmfp-usblp    Mon Jun 11 13:43:26 2012 +0200
    @@ -21,6 +21,7 @@
       restart)
         modprobe -r usblp
         modprobe usblp
    +    ;;
       *)
         echo "Usage: samsungmfp-usblp {start|stop|restart}"
         ;;
    I just uploaded a corrected package.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Upgrade breaks scanning CLX-3185FW, Ubuntu Lucid, solved

Quote Originally Posted by tweedledee View Post
    So I have a question for you: does /usr/lib/libtiff.so.4 actually exist, or did you just make a broken link?
    It does exist, as another symlink to a real file as follows.
    Code:
    $ ls -l /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 2012-06-09 21:58 /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3 -> libtiff.so.4
    $ ls -l /usr/lib/libtiff.so.4
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 2012-04-11 18:49 /usr/lib/libtiff.so.4 -> libtiff.so.4.3.2
    $ ls -l /usr/lib/libtiff.so.4.3.2
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 400592 2012-04-04 00:46 /usr/lib/libtiff.so.4.3.2
    I must admit, I don't know the answer on how to address varying filesystem layouts.

Grrr..... I did a lot of testing before I removed that link, and it appeared that Samsung had finally stopped compiling with the need for it [libtiff.so.3. I must have missed this particular case, though.
    But if I do ldd it lists libtiff.so.3, as follows:
    Code:
    $ ldd /opt/Samsung/mfp/bin/ImageManager | grep tiff
    	libtiff.so.3 => /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3 (0x00007f2eddca3000)
    $ sudo rm /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3
    $ ldd /opt/Samsung/mfp/bin/ImageManager | grep tiff
    	libtiff.so.3 => not found
    ## then put everything back
    It could be they've updated the 32-bit version to use this century's libraries, but left the 64-bit version to use 2-bit libraries!
    Nick Bishop
    -----
    email replies ignored
    -----
    Actions speak louder than words. Screaming is an action.
    -oOo-

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

Hi,

In reply to post #902 and #903 there is a problem with IPP that makes it impossible to print to a networked Samsung printer. The suggested workaround is to change the connection type and not use IPP.

I've tried both 'LPD/LPR Host or Printer' or 'AppSocket/HP JetDirect' and I was able to print successfully to our clx6250 printer.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Azdour View Post
    Hi,

In reply to post #902 and #903 there is a problem with IPP that makes it impossible to print to a networked Samsung printer. The suggested workaround is to change the connection type and not use IPP.

I've tried both 'LPD/LPR Host or Printer' or 'AppSocket/HP JetDirect' and I was able to print successfully to our clx6250 printer.
    Look at this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ps/+bug/973270 (there are also alike (not duplicate) bugs reported)
    In the comments a developer responsible for CUPS in Ubuntu has posted a link to his PPA where he supports the 'ipp14' protocol which is the IPP implementation of CUPS 1.4.x
    Using ipp14://xxxxx for the printer URL printing works perfectly again with the Samsung driver in Precise

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi,

Thanks, I'm going to wait for a fix in CUPs or if I hit a problem with lpd then I will try the PPA that supports ipp14.

Beans

I don't think these matter. I have recently started getting ipp-<various things> errors when I work with my printer settings (Samsung and otherwise), but they don't seem to have any effect. Something to do with a CUPS change.

How is your printer connected? If by network, try a different protocol (raw or lpd). If USB, does the computer auto-recognize the model when you go to configure it? If not, there is a small chance the samsungmfp-scanner-usblp-fix package might help.

You could also try configuring the printer as a generic PCL printer, or selecting the CLP-600 or CLP-610 as the model (sometimes related models work). Another approach is to set the error policy (in the printer configuration) to "retry job" instead of "stop printer" or similar. I use an HP printer at work that went through a period of needing this - I was constantly getting spurious errors. Never did figure it out, and it eventually went away. It's possible that it is actually a configuration problem with the printer itself, and reseting it to factory defaults could potentially help.
    Thanks for your tips but it doesn't help
    I reset also the printer...
    But it stays the same, retry job doesn't help because i get the message all fine document was printed. But still no output at the printer i try all similar models
    Now i use these gutenprint-drivers but there i can't use duplex mode

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I will also thank for the good tips! I use
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install samsungmfp-configurator-qt4
    after "internal error-please use proper driver. The QT4 fix the thing! Hope I will remember, then installing next operatingsystem/upgrade?!
    Last edited by matza55; June 26th, 2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: misspelled

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Have the printer-problem disapeared for you?

Beans

if you ask for me
    no not really i can print (with a other driver package not the samsungs one)
    the quality is okay but iam not able to use duplex

maybe a short overview what i have done
    install following
    samsungmfp-data, configurator-data, driver-4.00.35.2, common, driver, scanner, network, configurator-qt4, legacy-configurator-qt4 and libtiff3-samsungmfp

after this i can add with the samsung configurator my printer (autodeteced in the network)
    but when i try to print nothink happens no error message and no print...
    Last edited by Togras; June 26th, 2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: additonal informations

Beans

Talking Re: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

Tweedledee, my printer Samsung ML-1865w work properly, and I owe it to you, thank you very much. Greetings from Argentina for a beginner in Ubuntu.

Page 100 of 104 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast