Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1032

Thread: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

Beans

Re: Thank you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flinkdeldinky View Post
    I'm on an AMD64 Debian testing system. Using your deb packages I finally got my CLP-325 printing in color as well as the Windows drivers (it least in my limited testing).

Without your packages CUPS was able to detect and install a driver that gave me full printing functionality except that printing a photo was to dark (I'd describe it as muddy) and had a weird not quite horizontal banding.

I tried to install the Samsung Driver by hand but the configurator was uncooparitive. Although if I ran it from the shell command (I think it was install.sh) it would install automatically the correct driver. Except it would be attached to mfp4 and that didn't work. And there was a deamon smfpd that would eat up 25% cpu nor more or less. I found no way to change connection and the configurator wouldn't list anything I recognized as a USB connection.

I was able to reconfigure the connection using CUPS web interface but whenever I tried to print the printer would actually print a page complaining I was using the wrong driver.

So I uninstalled it and I installed your debs. Basically a variation of the above. The mfp connection thing is a real problem on my system. Then I saw on your site that I only needed the driver and data debs. So I uninstalled everything and reinstalled just the driver and data debs.

Cups saw the clp-325 (as usual) and when I setup the printer I chose to use the Samsung CLP-320 Series (SPL-C) driver and not the foomatic driver. Then when I configured the driver I got different options so I knew the foomatic driver wasn't being used. I set the color to vivid and presto!, picture perfect photo prints.

So I recommend debian testing users (and everybody else!) just use the driver and data debs. Then go into cups and a handful of clicks later you're good to go. Samsungs configurator doesn't offer much and cups does everything fine (I assume kde/gnome interfaces work fine as well).

Thank you!
    Hi

i read in your thread that you have a CLP-325, i have the same one
    what do you mean with "I set the color to vivid and presto! (in cups)"
    and where do you do this?

i also whant to print in color with my printer

Thanks Ruben
    Last edited by sudenna; November 20th, 2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: i forgot something

Beans

Re: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

hi

i want to add my printer in CUPS, i chose the brand and than the model name, i take the CLP-320 series (SPL-C). Than cups ask of i whant to take the new PPD settings whit it, or use the old and the new one's togther. i chose want i want, and than i want to click on apply to go further... but it do nothing, the apply button is not click a bell
    please help me, ist the finally step to have a color printer working.

Ruben

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tweedledee View Post
    I am preparing new packages based on the 4.00.36 and 4.00.39 drivers. They should be available within a week, and may solve this issue.
    Been a while since I checked the state of the drivers. But I still can't choose two-sided printing (running Ubuntu 12.04.1 amd64). It's necessary to me, is there a modification I can do to enable it?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Nognir View Post
    Been a while since I checked the state of the drivers. But I still can't choose two-sided printing (running Ubuntu 12.04.1 amd64). It's necessary to me, is there a modification I can do to enable it?
    Maybe. You could modify the ppd file for your printer. If you want to try that, it may help to also look at ppd files for related printers that support 2-sided printing to see what the particular setting is.

Even if you enable it, it may not work, but then again it might since the printer does support the mode.

Beans

Thanks for this great topic. It saved me a lot of time. There is only one thing that doesn't work with the SCX-4623F. I can print and scan from my PC, but is it also possible to scan from the scanner to the PC? At this moment the scanner gives the error that there is no PC available. I tried some configuration with samba, but I can't get it work. Hopefully someone here can help me or can tell me that this is not possible.

Smika

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Smika View Post
    Thanks for this great topic. It saved me a lot of time. There is only one thing that doesn't work with the SCX-4623F. I can print and scan from my PC, but is it also possible to scan from the scanner to the PC? At this moment the scanner gives the error that there is no PC available. I tried some configuration with samba, but I can't get it work. Hopefully someone here can help me or can tell me that this is not possible.

Smika
    You can try this: http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/forum/...php?topic=73.0

Beans

Re: For NEWBIE - Re: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

Quote Originally Posted by sufehmi View Post
    Hi there,

First, thank you very much for making this (Samsung Unified Printer Driver) much easier for us. Your efforts are much appreciated !

Now, to the issue - a newbie friend of mine ended up confused trying to follow the instruction posted here.

So here's a version of the guide, which does not need thinking just ability to copy-paste to the Terminal

Code:
    sudo bash -c 'echo "deb http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/ debian extra" >> /etc/apt/sources.list'

wget -O - http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/suldr.gpg | sudo apt-key add -

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install  samsungmfp-driver  samsungmfp-configurator-qt4

/opt/Samsung/mfp/bin/Configurator&
    Hopefully someone else will find this usefull as well.

Again, thanks for making these much easier for us.

cheers, HS
    Thank you so much for this real easy how to. I was about to rip the HD out of my laptop and stick my Win 7 HD back in when I found you real easy way to install the UPD.

I've been using Linux for years (since FC1) and have always floated between Windows and Linux....most falling back on Windows when works requires it....but never bothered with getting all sudo bashing in the CLI. I like my computing to just work and Linux really is getting there...just.

BTW ...tried Unity. Don't like it so went back to the old main stay Gnome with Mint Maya

Beans

Not reading this thread any longer

FYI for anyone still using this thread instead of the SULDR website: I have made major changes to the repository that render all instructions in this thread obselete. I no longer plan to read or reply to any posts in this thread; use the new forums instead.

Beans

Grateful. Still dubious about buying

for upcoming Ubuntu 13.04 uprade. But grateful for ubuntu in Ubuntu. Felicitations.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I thought I'd post on here as well as the suld forum since this is still active & I'm using Ubuntu. I've tried to print a test page & a page using LibreOffice Writer. Ubuntu seemed to send the pages to the printer but nothing happened. I've tried both suld-driver-4.00.35 & suld-driver-4.00.36 (recommended driver versions on the list of supported printers) with the same lack of success. Synaptic installed suld-driver-common-1 & suld-driver-network-2 packages when I selected the driver.

I have the printer connected by ethernet cable to my router. I've made the router give the printer (i.e. its MAC address of 00:15:992:24:5B with DeviceName of SamsungPrintergives it a static ip address of 192.168.1.20 on my LAN. When I add the printer, it sees the printer as SamsungSCX-472X (SEC001599D2245B, 192.168.1.20). I'd expect it to be SamsungPrinter rather than SEC001599D2245B but that shouldn't make any difference? I'm able to select either of: AppSocket/JetDirect network printer via DNS-SD, LPD network printer via DNS-SD, IPP network printer via DNS-SD. I've tried them all (they all lead to automatic driver installation) with the same lack of success when printing is attempted: also, the printer is shown with a no entry symbol presumably implying it cannot be found.

With my previous Brother printer, this DNS-SD method did not work due to a bug in Ubuntu. So I tried the workaround, which is to use the option of 'Find network printer' supplying a Device URI of 192.168.1.20:631. This then asks me to Choose Driver with options of Select printer from database, Provide PPD file, Search for a printer driver to download. I selected the first option followed by Samsung followed by 472x printer but it then gave me a popup with title of "CUPS Server Error" with details of "There was an error during the CUPS operation: 'client-error-not-possible'".

I've just deleted the printer from Ubuntu's Printer list & installed the Linux Unified Printer Driver as per the instructions given by Samsung and it worked fine from the PC it's attached to by USB. However, when I try to install it on another PC (i.e. both PC's are linked through my router), I add the printer by using ipp with a URI of ipp://192.168.1.11:631/printer (this being the same method that I used for an existing HP inkjet printer that I attached to the 2nd PC by USB & then installed it to the 1st PC) but it fails with the status shown as "Stopped - The printer URI is incorrect or no longer exists.".

I want the Samsung printer to be accessible by both PCs. I'm at a loss what to do next.
    John

Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104 LastLast