Page 92 of 104 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

Beans

Re: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

Quote Originally Posted by jtsop View Post
    I have a problem with the top margin (no matter what I try there is no top margin, even if I have some newlines in my document, it starts printing on the top of the page) when using the samsungmfp-driver (3.00.90-2).

When I revert to samsungmfp-driver-legacy (3.00.37-8) printing is ok but the scanner is not found.

I use network printing and scanning.

PS: Using samsungmfp-driver-3.00.65 (which is reported as version 3.00.90-2) works fine
    I don't have a better solution than to use the 3.00.65 driver for now. Which model printer is having this problem?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by tweedledee View Post
    I don't have a better solution than to use the 3.00.65 driver for now. Which model printer is having this problem?
    CLX 3175FN

Could you at least fix the version info for 3.00.65 (if yes could you post it here when it is done to downgrade to the correct package)?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jtsop View Post
    CLX 3175FN

Could you at least fix the version info for 3.00.65 (if yes could you post it here when it is done to downgrade to the correct package)?
    As strange as it seems, the version info is correct. The 3.00.65 package is actually a bit of a hybrid of the 3.00.90 and 3.00.65 driver files, so I have it versioned at 3.00.90 to reflect that. This is in contrast to the -legacy driver, which is purely 3.00.37, and has different dependencies than the more recent versions.

Beans

The drivers in this ppa don't seem to work with a freshly installed 12.04 amd64 and a Samsung ML-2165W printer on the network. When I install the drivers from the ppa, add the printer using config-system-printer, and print a test page, all I get out on the printer is five lines:
    Code:
    INTERNAL ERROR - Undefined Command
    POSITION : 0x0 (0)
    SYSTEM : h6fw_5.51/x1_pa_sim
    LINE : 296
    VERSION : SPL 5.51 03-28-2011
    However, if I uninstall the drivers from the ppa, download UnifiedLinuxDriver_1.01.tar.gz from Samsung, manually install the drivers from the download, and perform the identical printer configuration, I get a successful test print.

BTW, I wasn't able to setup the printer using the Samsung Unified Driver Configurator that the Samsung install provided (it wouldn't let me add a printer), but I was able to get it working by running config-system-printer from a terminal.

Beans
    Hidden!

After upgrade to Ubuntu 12.04 my CLP 315 become very slow on image printing.
    I use Samsung Unified Printer Driver.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Payne View Post
    However, if I uninstall the drivers from the ppa, download UnifiedLinuxDriver_1.01.tar.gz from Samsung, manually install the drivers from the download, and perform the identical printer configuration, I get a successful test print.

BTW, I wasn't able to setup the printer using the Samsung Unified Driver Configurator that the Samsung install provided (it wouldn't let me add a printer), but I was able to get it working by running config-system-printer from a terminal.
    This doesn't surprise me. The ML-2165w is a new printer, and the latest drivers from Samsung in my repository were released prior to this printer being officially announced. I'm actually surprised the option to use the packaged drivers with that printer even exists, apparently Samsung included a pre-release ppd that doesn't work well. Even the driver you downloaded directly is almost as old, and probably still contains bugs they haven't bothered to fix. I've been waiting for Samsung to provide updated drivers for their newest printers, but so far have not seen anything - although I was not aware of this particular update, and I will look at the differences and possibly package the version provided for this printer. Although it is a major version change (4.00.35 vs. 3.00.90 most recent elsewhere), it's not immediately obvious to me there is actually any substantial difference. The failure of the configurator to work correctly makes me hesistant to spend a lot of time with this version, because that implies there are some problems that may not show up until many people start installing it.

I'll have more time to deal with all these sorts of issues starting in a couple of weeks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nikoola View Post
    After upgrade to Ubuntu 12.04 my CLP 315 become very slow on image printing.
    I use Samsung Unified Printer Driver.
    Probably related to the CUPS update in 12.04. Testing issues with the latest CUPS is one of my goals for this month. Which driver version are you using (3.00.90, 3.00.65, 3.00.37)?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by uhappo View Post
    Anyone having problems with printing in 12.04? I'm using Samsung SCX-3205 printer/scanner and after first successful print operation (after turning on) printer goes abit crazy, prints blank pages or some miscallaneous letters in one line
    I've got exactly the same problem. Has anyone got a fix for this?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dfreidus View Post
    More information is needed to help you and the previous poster: how are you connected (network/usb)? Which printer driver version? Have you tried other driver versions?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dfreidus View Post
    I had the same problem with my SCX-4825FN with Ubuntu Precise, CUPS-1.5.2 and every version of the Samsung drivers I tried.

I fixed it by downloading CUPS-1.5.0 from source, installing it then re-pointing /usr/sbin/cupsd to point to the new binary.

After this the latest driver (3.00.90) works.

Page 92 of 104 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast