Page 41 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

Quote Originally Posted by tweedledee View Post
    one of the other Samsung utilties may actually be causing the color balance problems, not the driver itself.
    I'm not sure if that's the case because at the really beginning, before installing any driver, i tried to setup the printer (foomatic driver?) and it had the same problem..

If it would anyhow help I'm willing to do some testing..
    PS: color balancing (saturation,hue,gamma,brightness) doesn't currently work at all
    Last edited by m10; January 21st, 2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: ps
    ]v[10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have the Samsung CLP-315 and just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU for this HOWTO!
    By now I tried everything to make my printer work under Ubuntu 9.10 (foo2zjs, SPLIX, samsung cd, ubuntu driver) but none worked! The printer either did not work at all, or worked with lots of problems!
    By following this tutorial (that a member of the greek ubuntu forum pointed out to me), everything worked OK and the printer is setup ok!

Again, THANKS A LOT!

Beans

TRULY AMAZING - Better Support Than From Samsung!!!

WOW: tweedledee you are a lifesaver. I was literally going INSANE over this stupid lack of scanner support.

I have the Samsung SCX-4521F and was only ever able to get the printer working. I installed your REPO's ran the apt-get install commands like you showed, logged out, logged back in and BAMN full scanner support! No Segmentation Faults with xsane anymore and the printer and scanner are working beautifully. Thank-you so much for this!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Also I would like to add that with this driver, the color management issues of the default samsung driver seem to be resolved! With the samsung driver the printing result seemed to be with lots of gamma! With this driver the result is very close to what you see in the monitor (maybe a little -very little- contrast low, but almost OK!)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by m10 View Post
    I'm not sure if that's the case because at the really beginning, before installing any driver, i tried to setup the printer (foomatic driver?) and it had the same problem..

If it would anyhow help I'm willing to do some testing..
    PS: color balancing (saturation,hue,gamma,brightness) doesn't currently work at all
    Good to know; I've updated the repository information to reflect the possibility that color balance may improve with different installations for unclear reasons. I'm guessing it's something subtle with libraries, but don't have a clear idea of what would make sense to test to sort it out. Whatever it is, it's obviously not unique to you based on digibill's comment. Hopefully nothing will break this benefit in the future.

And I can't help with the active color balancing at this point, either; regardless of installation type, it's never worked with my printer, so again I don't have a clear idea of what to start testing to identify the issue. In your case, it may be that the inability to adjust the balance manually is linked to a reasonable default state (i.e., same underlying cause), but that's really just a guess.

Beans

En realidad soy usuario de debian squeeze y he tenido la suerte de caer en este foro buscando una solución para poder ultilizar la función de escaner en una multifunción samsung SCX-4521F. Siguiendo las instrucciones de su tutorial y (creo que principalmente) utilizando los paquetes de su repositorio he llegado por fin a resolver el problema. ¡Muchas gracias!.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Congratulations and thanks a lot for a great installation recipe to Samsung devices. I have a Samsung SCX-4828FN combined printer and scanner, and have recently changed from Windows XP to Ubuntu 9.10. As many others, I am still encountering the problem that the printer is well installed, but the scanner is not working. None of the previous suggestions (also in other forums) helped so far. XSANE finds the scanner: sane-find-scanner gives "found USB scanner (vendor=0x04e8 [Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.], product=0x342d [SCX-4x28 Series]) at libusb:001:013", but scanimage -L gives "No scanners were identified." However, XSANE scanning works well with Samsung scanners (same type), which are installed in the local network. Seems that there is a problem with the USB identification. Any suggestions, how to solve the problem?

Beans

I registered at this forum just to say a big Thank You!
    I was fighting against my SCX-4200 and this repository worked like a miracle!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mu-omega View Post
    However, XSANE scanning works well with Samsung scanners (same type), which are installed in the local network. Seems that there is a problem with the USB identification. Any suggestions, how to solve the problem?
    As best as I can tell, something subtle changed in the USB system implemented by 9.10 that interferes with some (but not all) Samsung MFP scanners connected by USB. It also appears to affect a few models by other manufacturers; it's possible that there is a solution out there for a different brand that will work, although I didn't see anything when I did a quick search a while ago. I also think this is limited to Ubuntu 9.10 and not other Debian derivatives, in which case it's a pretty small thing that should be resolvable if it can be identified. If a search doesn't turn up anything useful, the best I can suggest is to open a Launchpad bug against this to see if someone knows what changed, since it was not documented in the release notes.

It seems unlikely it's directly related to the Samsung driver since it works over the network, unless the driver expect a particular USB configuration and Ubuntu (not for the first time) decided to implement a different USB setup.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Kudos! Worked great for me thanks! (samsung 2525w) via ethernet and wireless.

Page 41 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast