Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1032

Thread: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

Beans

Re: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

Thank you all for this great work on Samsung drivers. I am using two printers: Samsung ML-1670 and Samsung ML-1665 and they work great under my Debian station with custom DEBs. Event the PDF fix got it working!

Just one question: when trying to print to the ML-1670, it always proposes 2 side printing on a single A4. I mean that two pages are printed and I need to set manually only one page. Do you know how to fix this?

Kind regards,
    Jean-Michel

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jmpoure View Post
    Thank you all for this great work on Samsung drivers. I am using two printers: Samsung ML-1670 and Samsung ML-1665 and they work great under my Debian station with custom DEBs. Event the PDF fix got it working!

Just one question: when trying to print to the ML-1670, it always proposes 2 side printing on a single A4. I mean that two pages are printed and I need to set manually only one page. Do you know how to fix this?

Kind regards,
    Jean-Michel
    If you to to printer settings -> printer properties for that printer -> printer options, there is most likely a setting that says duplex or 2-sided printing or similar. Changing it there would set the default.

Hi,

Thank you tweedledee! I bought myself a Samsung ML-2165W Printer, installed Samsung Unified Printer Driver according to your instructions.

Now my computer seems to recognize the printer, but happily just says 'Document is Printing on ML-2160-Series' and a bit later 'Printing Completed'. In reality however, apart from starting to blink the green light a bit, my printer doesn't do a thing aaargh!

One weird thing maybe is that in my system settings / printers I have a printer called ML-2160-Series, but it mentions Samsung ML-2152WPS as the model...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!
    d.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mr.peeters@gmail.com View Post
    One weird thing maybe is that in my system settings / printers I have a printer called ML-2160-Series, but it mentions Samsung ML-2152WPS as the model...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!
    d.
    I would try removing the printer and re-configuring it in the printer management interface. The 2150 series is very different, so if for some reason the configuration is using that, the printer would not work.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tweedledee View Post
    If you to to printer settings -> printer properties for that printer -> printer options, there is most likely a setting that says duplex or 2-sided printing or similar. Changing it there would set the default.
    I've got the ml-1670 as well, and it's stuck on one-sided printing. I'm using the 4.00.35-2 driver from the repos and running latest 12.04.1-x86_64

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Nognir View Post
    I've got the ml-1670 as well, and it's stuck on one-sided printing. I'm using the 4.00.35-2 driver from the repos and running latest 12.04.1-x86_64
    I am preparing new packages based on the 4.00.36 and 4.00.39 drivers. They should be available within a week, and may solve this issue.

Beans

I am preparing new packages based on the 4.00.36 and 4.00.39 drivers. They should be available within a week, and may solve this issue.
    I have problems with printer CLP-315W after I updated the driver lately: Update Manager offered partial upgrade for samsungmfp packages. After applying that printing does not finnish. The partial upgrade removed samsungmfp-driver package, installed samsungmfp-libmfp as new package, and updated some other samsungmfp packages. Printing images has always been very slow with these samsungmfp linux drivers, but this time I had to kill the processes that took all available CPU resources and I turned printer off. Printer may start printing poor quality image after you turn the printer back on and after that continue to pull blanks through, so you may have to turn the printer off again to continue. On my other PC I forced versions in Synaptic package manager to their "now" versions. I can't see the old version in Synaptic in the upgraded computer anymore. How to return to the better working previous state?

BTW Can you switch wireless off from it and force it using wired network only?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jis View Post
    I have problems with printer CLP-315W after I updated the driver lately: Update Manager offered partial upgrade for samsungmfp packages. After applying that printing does not finnish. The partial upgrade removed samsungmfp-driver package, installed samsungmfp-libmfp as new package, and updated some other samsungmfp packages. Printing images has always been very slow with these samsungmfp linux drivers, but this time I had to kill the processes that took all available CPU resources and I turned printer off. Printer may start printing poor quality image after you turn the printer back on and after that continue to pull blanks through, so you may have to turn the printer off again to continue. On my other PC I forced versions in Synaptic package manager to their "now" versions. I can't see the old version in Synaptic in the upgraded computer anymore. How to return to the better working previous state?

BTW Can you switch wireless off from it and force it using wired network only?
    You can now use "force version" in synaptic to go back to the older packages. However, Synaptic does not usually downgrade gracefully, so you may need to uninstall all the packages and then select the older versions to re-install. You won't lose any settings do so.

I don't believe there is any software way of switching the wireless mode, I would assume that was limited to something directly through the hardware interface on the printer itself if it is an option.

Beans

You can now use "force version" in synaptic to go back to the older packages. However, Synaptic does not usually downgrade gracefully, so you may need to uninstall all the packages and then select the older versions to re-install. You won't lose any settings do so.

I don't believe there is any software way of switching the wireless mode, I would assume that was limited to something directly through the hardware interface on the printer itself if it is an option.
    Well, I removed all samsungmfp packages, and applied force version for samsungmfp-driver "4.00.35-2 (suldr)", and tried to install it, but Synaptic fails to install:
    samsungmfp-driver:
    Depends: samsungmfp-driver-4.00.39 but it is not going to be installed

Beans

I also have had problems after the partial upgrade offered by the Update Manager on Ubuntu 10.04. I am using the Samsung SCX-4623F printer. I scanned one document (using Simple Scan) immediately before the partial upgrade and another page of the same document immediately afterwards. The first scan (A4 page size) was normal. In the second scan the page size had changed to what I think must be Foolscap size and it cannot be changed. Is there any way to correct this?

Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast