Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What part of Kentucky are you based in?

Beans

Re: What part of Kentucky are you based in?

Quote Originally Posted by JACooks View Post
    Hmmm, I should have posted on this thread a while ago when I joined the team. I'm located in Northern Kentucky, a transplant to the region originally from Indiana (West Lafayette and Bloomington). Sorry I haven't been that involved, simply can't get away for face-to-face meetings in Lexington.
    Looks like there's a growing number of people in the NKY area (myself included). Might be fun to have a NKY-Cincinnati meetup or something.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by maoglone View Post
    Looks like there's a growing number of people in the NKY area (myself included). Might be fun to have a NKY-Cincinnati meetup or something.
    If you can make it down to Lexington on Saturday, July 26th, we're going to have a meeting at Common Grounds coffeehouse.

More information can be found here: http://forums.bglug.net/index.php/topic,54.0.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by JACooks View Post
    Hmmm, I should have posted on this thread a while ago when I joined the team. I'm located in Northern Kentucky, a transplant to the region originally from Indiana (West Lafayette and Bloomington). Sorry I haven't been that involved, simply can't get away for face-to-face meetings in Lexington.
    NKY Too
    Your TV might soon be obsolete...find out at https://www.dtv2009.gov/
    Close the Windows and "open" the "source" . 2008 is the year for Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by maoglone View Post
    There should be some TriState Loco Team for us near Cincinnati. Any local Linux groups nearby? Boone County here.
    Last edited by Midwest-Linux; July 22nd, 2008 at 10:48 PM.
    Your TV might soon be obsolete...find out at https://www.dtv2009.gov/
    Close the Windows and "open" the "source" . 2008 is the year for Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am in Columbia, which is south-central, about 2 hours from Louisville or Lexington. (or as I sometimes say, "two hours from anyplace you'd rather be.") New to Linux (about a year at this point?) but enjoying the experience! I'll have to visit the Wiki and find out more about all of you. A KY group would really be nice!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Hello all!
    I am located in Harlan. I have played around with Linux since the late 80's, but have used it exclusively since 2001. I started out with Redhat, Mandrake, Yellowdog, then discovered Ubuntu. I have used Ubuntu exclusively since 2006.

I use 6.06 on an Imac at work, as well Xubuntu on another computer used for some light office tasks. Everything works well except for the printing. I have to copy everything I want to print to a Windows machine on the network and then print from there. At home I have 6.10 on my desktop, but just installed Debian on my laptop. It is an older machine and I was running 6.10, but since the support ran out and the repositories don't work any more I had to make a change, so I decided to put Debian on it.

Glad to see so many people in KY making the switch to Linux.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest-Linux View Post
    There should be some TriState Loco Team for us near Cincinnati. Any local Linux groups nearby? Boone County here.
    I'm Campbell, very close to Cincy. Looking at it right now, as a matter of fact, from my front porch. And they say that wireless doesn't work in Ubuntu. Bah!
    Give me back my bike.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Well, put down one more newbie in Somerset, KY. Seriously new to Ubuntu and Linux. Just installed it on a new Toshiba notebook. The notebook came with Vista Home Premium and I didn't like it much. Always been curious about Linux, so I thought I'd finally try it. So far so good, I like it.

I don't known anyone else using Ubuntu or any Linux, so I'm getting to learn it on my own (well with the help here and other sources on the internet).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Bardstown, KY.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: What part of Kentucky are you based in?

I live in Paducah , Kentucky . I wish more of us would speak up you know ?

West Kentucky is kindof lonely though... To be an ubuntu user is to be called a hacker in kentucky if you evolved to anything bove winblows . Especially anything that required brainmatter to operate...
    peace to all....

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast