Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Utah Meetings

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ubuntu Utah Meetings

The Ubuntu Utah meetings are scheduled for the second Saturday of each month from 6:00pm MST to 8:00pm MST at 240 E. Morris Ave, Salt Lake City, UT 84115.
    (http://tinyurl.com/28zgs2) - MAP

Meeting locations are subject to change. Please post to this thread or drop by the IRC room for more details.
    Last edited by Zelut; July 1st, 2007 at 04:26 AM. Reason: updated meeting time & location
    Mike: "The hardest questions in life are the ones worth answering"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu Utah Meetings

Is there anyone in the southern Utah area? I live in St. George and would love to be able to talk to someone locally here... It is always nice to be able to have someone near by when you need something. I am happy to help others with my limited Linux knowledge and always happy to learn. Unfortunately as a married full time student with 2 kids I have $0 for travel so I was hoping to find someone here in St. George... I attend DSC so it would be easy to meet up once in a while and talk... Also I use a laptop so my problems travel with me easily...

Beans

Hmmm. I am unaware of anybody from the southern end of the state. I know there is the southern Utah LUG down there. Not sure how many of them are using or interested in Ubuntu. Maybe hit the mailing lists, and find out.

BTW- come to #ubuntu-utah, and hang out with us there in our IRC channel. We can discuss it, and see what options there are to get the southern end of the state involved.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by greywolf79 View Post
    Is there anyone in the southern Utah area? I live in St. George and would love to be able to talk to someone locally here... It is always nice to be able to have someone near by when you need something. I am happy to help others with my limited Linux knowledge and always happy to learn. Unfortunately as a married full time student with 2 kids I have $0 for travel so I was hoping to find someone here in St. George... I attend DSC so it would be easy to meet up once in a while and talk... Also I use a laptop so my problems travel with me easily...
    I should have come here earlier greywolf79. I'm a IT/Developer professional here in Sunny St. George. I have been a faithful ubuntu user for the past 6-8 months (I don't remember....before that I was a Debian freak and confident Linux would never produce a decent desktop solution...Ubuntu proved me wrong...I can still be a Debian freak too.) I boot Ubuntu at both work and home and absolutely love it.

I don't know of any clubs here (I've never attended any meetings anyway). I know of the Southern Utah Unix Users Group for http://www.su3g.org/ (which seems somewhat active.) Ubuntu shoudl fit in there somewhere. If you wanna start a Ubuntu club or Chapter, let me know.

Beans

Are there anyone live close to University of Utah Dorm?
    I am try to install to my PC but have few trouble.
    Also I want dual boot with my WIndows XP Pro.
    If you willing to help me please let me know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I would like to join... I presume that the meetings are still on?

Beans

Is there a meeting tomorrow? If so, where in the Library do you meet?

got the answer on irc.
    thanks
    Last edited by moriancumer_12; May 11th, 2007 at 09:59 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

So are the meetings at the library or the coffee roasting company for the month of June?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Any updates on when and where the next meeting is, thanks!

Beans

I am also in the southern area. I am involved pretty heavily in the college and work at a software company. (the CIT department computers all have Ubuntu on them) I will be on IRC when I can.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast