Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Nutmegers (Connecticut) ?

Beans

Re: Any Nutmegers (Connecticut) ?

Quote Originally Posted by garlik42 View Post
    Milford here,
    Been using linux for 12 years or so, started with slackware, switched to gentoo (which I still use) and have been investigating ubuntu for the past couple of weeks.

I have been using a source code distribution for quite a while now (6 years) and am pretty used to manually configuring stuff, back when I started with linux, I didn't like any of the current distros, because there automatic stuff just didn't fly.

Having installed ubuntu on several different kinds of hardware, including a laptop (wireless didn't work) A mini-itx intel system, a pentium 4 desktop, and a xeon dual processor emt64 box, I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

I'm still figguring stuff out, I still like to do stuff manually, but don't want to break any of the auto configured stuff.

Anyway, howdy all.
    Welcome.

Beans

Live - Near Winsted
    Work - Hartford

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Alright.. I'm trying to set up a Connecticut LoCo team and even though it looks like something thrown up after eating road-kill, it's a start.

The two sites I've set up so far are
    Launchpad : https://launchpad.net/connecticut-loco
    Ubuntu Wiki : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ConnecticutTeam

Like I said, it is in the earliest of early stages, but if anybody has any knowledge how to go about these things, or suggestions on improving them, or even just the time to tweak them please don't hesitate!

What are any of your thoughts?

~Drew
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

It looks like you set up a project team instead of a loco team. There's development stuff showing on your team's page instead of the add member / details / polls stuff that shows on the NU Ubuntu one.

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by macogw View Post
    It looks like you set up a project team instead of a loco team. There's development stuff showing on your team's page instead of the add member / details / polls stuff that shows on the NU Ubuntu one.
    Any ideas on how to change it, even if I have to delete it and re-make it?

I haven't found ANYTHING regarding making changes to the site! So far the site has not been intuitive and I don't see all that much use for it. I don't seem to be a member, or a driver or at all realated even though I started it and I don't see anywhere I can add content.
    Last edited by Dragonbite; April 6th, 2007 at 06:13 PM.

Beans
    Distro

For launchpad you mean? I think it's because you have a 'team' page (which goes with project devel) instead of a "group". The group pages let you put a little description of the group and a logo and polls and add members, and if your group has a specific project that it wants to help implement and you've got a lot of able-to-help members, your group can assign bugs or specs to itself to work on.

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by macogw View Post
    For launchpad you mean? I think it's because you have a 'team' page (which goes with project devel) instead of a "group". The group pages let you put a little description of the group and a logo and polls and add members, and if your group has a specific project that it wants to help implement and you've got a lot of able-to-help members, your group can assign bugs or specs to itself to work on.
    Ok, clicking on the Registration button I see the Ubuntu Virginia Local Team as a project and then there is the "Ubuntu Virginia Local Team" team.

So I think we have 1/2 of the equation.. the project and somehow we have to make a "team" based off of that project?! But I have no idea how.

Looking around I see that some memberships can be open while others are closed (pending), etc.

This is all just confusing.

Beans
    Distro

Go here: https://launchpad.net/people/+newteam

I got there like this:
    Launchpad.net
    Register
    View People (on the left)
    Register a Team

Your LoCo team does not have to be involved with any projects. If Virginia has a specific project, that could be why they have 2 pages. Or it could be that they messed up too. NU Ubuntu Team just has the team/group and not a project one as we don't have a regional software project. We have closed membership because RAV had trouble before, so now we have to approve new members. Open membership means they just click "join" and they're in.
    Last edited by macogw; April 6th, 2007 at 07:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thank you so much, it worked.

So I made the team https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-connecticut.

I think I found out a portion of the problems I was having and I should put this in as a bug: IE7.

Using IE7 (I'm at work) and those menues on the left are NOT there! Nothing shows up (which is why it was very frustrating readling "in the menu on the left" because there was NOTHING on the left!).

AARGH!!

Thank you for your patience, you have been a BIG help! Now I'm going to go beat my head against the wall a few times and get some more coffee.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Just to recap:

After technical issues (damned IE7!! ), cursing and a lot of help (thanks to macogw=D> ) a Connecticut Local Team has been set up in Launchpad in addition to the Wiki.

Now comes the fun part, seeing what YOU may be interested in or how you can envision these tools being used!

So please join if you are at all interested, or just want to be kept up on what may be happening, and let your ideas flow!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast