Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Those interested in Turbo Lister for eBay and Ubuntu!

Beans

Exclamation For Those interested in Turbo Lister for eBay and Ubuntu!

A few people know that I've been looking and tring to get turbo lister to work under linux and wine - I guess a lot of people have been - I've made some progress, and wanted to document and let others know - What I've done, and what happends, now it might be upto someone smarter then me to figure out more!
    When I frist started to install Turbo Lister I was given the error that Internet explorer was not installed -- So I stopped messing around, and went back to using TL on my Win 9x machine.... not really what I wanted to do...but -- late last night I was talking to a buddy of mine and he said have you tried to install IE5 under wine? Never thought about doing that, but hey it couldn't hurt right.
    I went off and downloaded IE6 from the microsoft site - and it did install, It didn't work, but it installed... (I really don't care if it works or not) - BUT Turbo Lister did install. (Still did not run, but at least it installed!)
    I checked the install log, and the TL run log, and found that not all of the DLL files had copied. Into the file system -- I did a search on my win machine and found all but one of the DLL files (Now the question is why does TL run on my win machine if I'm missing a DLL on it??? Oh well, I don't care)
    The DLL files that were missing from the install:
    msxml4.dll (Had to download this from a site on the net, do a google search it's all over the place)
    msjet40.dll
    schannel.dll
    Rsabase.dll
    Rsaenh.dll
    Wininet.dll
    All of the above needed to be copied to .wine/drive_c/windows/system32

2 files needed to copied to .wine/drive_c/program files/Common Files/System/OLE DB/
    They are: Oledb32.dll and Oledb32r.dll

after I copied those files, TL did try and start - but exited just after the inital start (the loading box, that looks likes it's opening files)

So I did some check searching on google and found someone who meantioned something about coping all of the TL files from his Win machine, and getting TL to start, but exit -

I tried that - copied all of the file from program files/ebay/turbo lister2 -

If I use the TL icon that is on the desktop, TL still exits -- but loads, you get a quick splash of the TL window. -- IF I go into the WINE Program Files/ebay and double click on TL.exe - It usually doesn't exit, and lets me select a user -- but then hangs and locks up the TL window!
    (This is the part where someone smarter then me can take over)
    I'm wondering at this point if it might be a data-base or video error.

The TL log file isn't much help -- but now that it is in installed, I will keep playing around, someone might say something to me that I go -- ahhh....let's try that!

My Wine version 0.9.22, Ubuntu 6.10, Turbo Lister version 5.4.102.33
    On my Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop (P4 2.6ghz, 256mb ram, 40gb hard drive) But I don't think that really maters.

Well - This is all I know - I'll let others think about it!

LeRoy

Beans

Exclamation Re: For Those interested in Turbo Lister for eBay and Ubuntu!

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!
    Yes, I just posted the above, but just after wards I thought, what would happend if I clicked cancel when it asked my to select a new user, ect...
    SO I did just that -
    The screen came up - did not lock up!!
    I then clicked on the file and Change User -- selected one of my user accounts - and Holly COW!
    All of my auctions came right up!!!!

I haven't yet tried to post a new auction, I'll do that a little later today... but progress has been made.

I think I've figured out how to get TL to at least start to work!!!!

I'll let everyone know if I can post an auction, if I can get the updates, ect.

LeRoy

Beans

Unhappy Re: For Those interested in Turbo Lister for eBay and Ubuntu!

Update again!

IT doesn't work beyond letting me see the inventory that is already there.
    It will not connect to the internet, it will not try to download updates,

Maybe I do need to worry about IE6 not working, since TL uses IE to interface.

Also, it randomly exits - apparently for no reason, but seems like it exits mostly after I try something to do with the internet.

So, I'll leave it up to someone smarter then me to try and figure out what is going on.

I'm still think there maybe a database issue - there is surely a interenet issue.

LeRoy

Beans

Re: For Those interested in Turbo Lister for eBay and Ubuntu!

A screen shot - still not working correctly, So I'm still looking for someone to help me out on this!

LeRoy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

I got it running the same as you following your post here. I am in Debian 4 testing (things should be the same for ubuntu). What I did differently was that I installed eis4linux (just ie6) first

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/...ion:grin:ebian

which created a .ies4linux folder that it runs wine out of when running ie6 (export WINEPREFIX="/home/user/.ies4linux")
    Internet exporer worked, connected to the internet, etc.

Then I installed turbo lister2 into that directory and copied the dlls and stuff that you posted and copied my Program Files/eBay/Turbo Lister2 files into it. Also I copied my .wine directory into it skipping existing files.

It opened and worked. I could look through my listings, etc. I did not try to upload anything, but I checked for updates and it never connected (it didn't hang, it just kept trying to make the connection). So I assume I wouldn't be able to upload anything.

When I went back and checked IE6, it was broken and would not even open.

This is the first time I've tried to use wine and I really don't know anything about it all. I just thought you might be interested in what I tried.

Good Luck, and keep posting your progress!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

hey guys, i've been trying to install turbo lister, too.

i took a slightly different (equally unsuccessful) route. i zipped up my entire turbo lister directory on my xp machine and copied it over to my linux box (kubuntu edgy). i had already installed ie4linux, so i copied my turbo lister files into:

~/.ies4linux/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Turbo Lister2/

it ran, but like your experiences, it wouldn't connect to the internet. i wish this would work, this is one of the few apps that i have to run back to windows for...thank goodness for kvm switches.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

i assume that you guys have not got turbo lister working. i ended up installing vmware and win2k for the sole purpose of turbo lister...not a great fix, but it works.

Beans
    Hidden!

Have any you got Turbo Lister working correctly yet?

I'll be trying to set up Turbo Lister on my Ubuntu box tonight, and I'm just curious if any more pitfalls / roadblocks / etc have been found or solved.

(And of course I'll share if I solve anything myself, too.)

-zami

Beans
    Hidden!

Try installing dcom, DAO and MSJET from the microsoft site. It should let it work. I have a program that uses the jet databases that is in wide use on windows machines and have been able to get it to work under wine and CXOffice. Not everything worked perfectly using turbolister but it was able to create new data and list for me.

Turbolister still works best in windows, I ended up placing it in a virtual machine but it will work.

Beans
    Hidden!

Well, you are all getting much further then I did. I'm using Crossover and can't get past the error message
    Code:
    1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime
    In my "wine bottle" I've got
    -IE6 (working)
    -Windows OLE components
    -DCOM98
    -msls31
    -Windows Installer 2.0
    -DAOCTL
    -Jet 4.0
    -MSXML 3.0 (because it kept showing up as recommended all over the Windows download site - no idea what it is/does!)

I've tried to install TurboLister with Crossover emulating every Windows version available and they all end in the 1607 error. Uhg!

I'm open to suggestions! I'll also post here if I have any updates.

-zami

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast