Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: zsnes help

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: zsnes help

valke,

Honestly, I would just stick with 1.42 as it's in the repos. Any special reason you want to compile 1.50 from source?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

no, honestly not really. is it in synaptic? and just to remove 1.50 i delete the folder zsnes right? i thank you so much for helping me.
    I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars. - Walt Whitman

Beans
    Hidden!

valke,

Yes, you can install it through Synaptic if you have the multiverse repos enabled. I'm sorry, I would have suggested this earlier if I knew you weren't just wanting to test out 1.50.

How did you install zsnes 1.50? Which options did you pass to ./configure, and did you `make install` it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

belive it or not all i did was this:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential nasm autoconf automake libsdl1.2-dev zlib1g-dev libpng12-dev subversion mesa-common-dev
    cd ~
    rm -rf zsnes
    svn co https://svn.bountysource.com/zsnes/trunk/ zsnes
    cd zsnes/src
    ./autogen.sh
    make
    sudo make install
    it was so easy and quick, now mind you i have absolutely no experience with terminal or its language, nor do i know anything about ubuntu. i have only had ubuntu for three weeks. i love it though.
    I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars. - Walt Whitman

Beans
    Hidden!

valke,

Before you install zsnes from the repos, what does this command output?
    Code:
    $ which zsnes
    You should be able to just delete whatever file it spits at you to uninstall zsnes 1.50. After that, `rm -rf ~/.zsnes` to get rid of the old config files, and install zsnes from the repos.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by po0f View Post
    valke,

Honestly, I would just stick with 1.42 as it's in the repos. Any special reason you want to compile 1.50 from source?
    Erm,

http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=8371

Tremendous change log...

Anyway, Valka, don't give up man.

open up a terminal

type

rm ~/.zsnes/zsnesl.cfg

Give it a go.
    The idea of copyright did not exist in ancient times, when authors frequently copied other authors at length in works of non-fiction. This practice was useful, and is the only way many authors' works have survived even in part. -- Richard Stallman

Beans
    Hidden!

BoyOfDestiny,

Yes, I do realize that it has a tremendous changelog, so big that I didn't bother reading it. 1.42 works perfectly for me though (perfectly as in no issues whatsoever), so why upgrade?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Code:
    /usr/local/bin/zsnes
    thats what it tells me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by po0f View Post
    BoyOfDestiny,

Yes, I do realize that it has a tremendous changelog, so big that I didn't bother reading it. 1.42 works perfectly for me though (perfectly as in no issues whatsoever), so why upgrade?
    Well 3 only are meaningful for me.
    1 is it keeps the ratio for for widescreen (meaning I get two vertical bars instead of distortion)

2) No funky white line bug on the top of the screen in super metroid.

3) Multiple ips softpatching.

If it works for you, and you don't need the new features, keep it. But to discourage someone just because the older package is there... I'd rather they give it a shot... Didn't mean any harm by it.
    The idea of copyright did not exist in ancient times, when authors frequently copied other authors at length in works of non-fiction. This practice was useful, and is the only way many authors' works have survived even in part. -- Richard Stallman

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

hey its all good, no worries. ok so now what?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast