• Claws Mail

97 60.25%
  • Mozilla Thunderbird

64 39.75%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Xubuntu, default Email Client

Re: Xubuntu, default Email Client

Quote Originally Posted by kadath View Post
    I agree with K.Mandla's post above about Xubuntu becoming essentially regular Ubuntu with Xfce thrown on top. The devs just keep adding more and more GNOME components, always justifying it with "well the dependencies aren't too bad" or "well the dependencies are already in there" blah blah blah.

I tried Zenwalk and it didn't like my hardware as much as Xubuntu did, unfortunately
    If you're after a XFCE-driven desktop, I had good luck with Wolvix on old hardware. It's what I would be running if Ubuntulite hadn't been resurrected.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by K.Mandla View Post
    If you're after a XFCE-driven desktop, I had good luck with Wolvix on old hardware. It's what I would be running if Ubuntulite hadn't been resurrected.
    Well my major problem is I like the convenience of a Debian-based system. On Slackware-based distros, you're constantly compiling everything, and I'm not exactly too interested in that.

Someday when I have more time I might look into installing straight Debian with Xfce over it.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I woukld like to have option make default Gmail witch opens in default webbroser.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678