Thread: How to accmomplish conversion?

Beans

How to accmomplish conversion?

Hello all! After two months, I finally have my girlfriend talked into getting Linux on her computer. She needs Photoshop... but I figure I can get that covered in WINE without much problems, if not, she can learn the GIMP (she won't have much issues with that). However, she lives in an apartment that has free wireless internet. She has a Belkin USB Key, and I have found information regarding it on Dapper... but I don't know if I should attempt to load Edgy and attempt it all on my own, or give her Dapper.

My main concern is she is 14 (15 in two months), and may not have much patience for Edgy if things don't go right. I know when I was 14 three years ago, I didn't have much patience at all setting up a Linux system, nor using one. I personally have no issues with Edgy, but I don't use wireless.

So my question is plainly... should I give her Kubuntu Dapper, or Edgy? (Please, no GNOME/KDE comments, she doesn't know the difference, or care, and I can better help with KDE).

Beans

Re: How to accmomplish conversion?

I think Dapper is the better choice. The improvements as seen by the end-user are subtle, but if something goes wrong it can be a major problem for her.
    But I mean no harm nor put fault
    On anyone that lives in a vault
    But it's alright, Ma, if I can't please him.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

She doesn't need Edgy. For a beginner, a stable distribution with LTS is the only viable option.

Beans

Thank you both for such quick responses =) I'll give it a Dapper load, then