Thread: where and who to spread the word to?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

where and who to spread the word to?

So you have caught the linux bug and you want to spread this great thing to everyone. Who should you tell and how should you tell em? Well I work at a library and we have public access computers which you could imagine get quite a bit of malware on them. and tech support almost never responds to us. So I talked to my director and she is writing a proposal to have all public access computers become ubuntu linux computers. What a satisfying experiance to get this thing spread around. Also I ordered a whole bunch of the free cd's and give them very liberally to anyone who would even look slightly interested. I ask that the rest of you share your ideas of how you spread the linux bug. maybe we can all learn some new tricks.
    ~Drascus~

Beans

Re: where and who to spread the word to?

I would try your local University

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

One of the librarians back home is a genealogist and when she saw the reports GRAMPS makes she was all jealous of the Linux-only program (and yes, she knows what Linux is). I told her about Edubuntu though because they have a few kid-computers, and she said she'd look into it.

I've ended up getting people interested in it when they're looking over my shoulder as I de-virus someone else's computer and they're complaining about their viruses. i tell them they wouldn't get viruses no matter how much pr0n they download if they used linux.

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

you could probably leave a couple of Ubuntu CDs in the cafeteria or student union of your local community college or university. Make sure to put a big poster "FREE" and some urls linking to the forums or the Ubuntu website.