Thread: OSS and wild canines

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Talking OSS and wild canines

I just noticed that three of the most-used apps. in the OS-community have a wild-dog-like creature as their mascot.

There's Firefox, the Amarok wolf, and GIMP's Wilber, the Coyote.(anything else to add?) What's with that? Is it safe to have all the carnivores around a cute little penguin?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: OSS and wild canines

Quote Originally Posted by navneeth View Post
    I just noticed that three of the most-used apps. in the OS-community have a wild-dog-like creature as their mascot.

There's Firefox, the Amarok wolf, and GIMP's Wilber, the Coyote.(anything else to add?) What's with that? Is it safe to have all the carnivores around a cute little penguin?
    Look at Lazarus, it has a cheetah as it's mascot. What about Iceweasel? We're a wild community here..*sharpens fangs*

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by navneeth View Post

yes, of course it is! they protect the cute little penguin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

That weasel is just a substitute for the fox.