Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Shameless plug]Wikipedia article

Beans

Re: [Shameless plug]Wikipedia article

...You need to read up more. I'm telling people to insert more meaningful information on the topic, not vandalize the place. Seriously, the information is lacking. I found nothing talking about the secondary and primary partitions, little programs, and extreme bias. BEFORE you edit anything major and controversial (ie adding, um, a minor program in or something) you should discuss your proposed edit on the talk page.

Most of the article is biased and filled with horrible grammar. "Accessibility and Usability" is strongly anti-Windows (Not necessary inherent usability, however.) while the backwards compatibility topic in "Games" is really pro-Windows. (Psh, DirectX? What nonsense.)

Beans

It should be deleted anyway. It doesn't serve even the slightest purpose, and as is a large majority of the information on both Windows and Linux is remarkably inaccurate, not to mention completely infested with opinions, conjecture, and an apparent aversion to citation (as if you could cite opinion or conjecture). The article reads like a post from a Myspace user. It is laughable that Wikipedia did not delete this a long time ago.
    Don't be arrogant - do your research first. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...dows_and_Linux

And if you think it's junk, why don't you help fix it?
    Last edited by -Slash-; January 6th, 2007 at 06:21 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

...You need to read up more. I'm telling people to insert more meaningful information on the topic, not vandalize the place. Seriously, the information is lacking. I found nothing talking about the secondary and primary partitions, little programs, and extreme bias. BEFORE you edit anything major and controversial (ie adding, um, a minor program in or something) you should discuss your proposed edit on the talk page.
    Which you contradicted by stating that you want "Linux extremists" to "spam" the page. i.e. Vandalize it.

Most of the article is biased and filled with horrible grammar. "Accessibility and Usability" is strongly anti-Windows (Not necessary inherent usability, however.) while the backwards compatibility topic in "Games" is really pro-Windows. (Psh, DirectX? What nonsense.)
    The premise here is that usability is relevant to Linux, which isn't even an OS. I think most people would find a kernel alone quite difficult to use. Also, games aren't even relevant to the discussion, as they are not related to the technical capabilities of the OS. Except DirectX, which of course you seem to think is not, since it actually relates to the development platform.

And if you think it's junk, why don't you help fix it?
    Fixing it is deleting it. There is no place on Wikipedia for an article which is based entirely on opinion. There isn't even the slightest discussion of objective technical facts, and there is no reason for an article comparing them even if it did. Next you will come in here telling us to spam an article comparing Solaris and ITRON...

Beans

I'm closing this thread.

If you wish to talk further about the page in question, please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Co...dows_and_Linux
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12