Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asus Barebone Notebooks

Beans

Question Asus Barebone Notebooks

where can I buy an Asus Barebone Notebook? I've been on the search for a new laptop but kinda like the idea of building my own.

any help? thanks

Beans

Re: Asus Barebone Notebooks

Wow, you really give us a lot to work with. Would you like to buy one in the USA, UK, Japan, Germany....

If you go to the Asus website they have a 'where to buy' link somewhere.

Beans

sorry, im in the USA

their website gave like over a page of just links, and im not in the mood of going through them all.

so if anyone knows of a reliable place, plz share.

thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by manutdfan2850 View Post
    sorry, im in the USA

their website gave like over a page of just links, and im not in the mood of going through them all.

so if anyone knows of a reliable place, plz share.

thanks
    So you want us to do your work for you?

You need to give us more information. As in, what do you want?

Beans
    Hidden!

good idea saving your energy for building the laptop.

Beans

sorry for the lack of info.

looking for something along these lines: http://www.directron.com/laptopbarebone.html

Beans

sorry, im in the USA

I should probably keep quiet but with an attitude like that you will find people will generally not be that helpfull. People tend to wanna help people that want to help themselves or at least show a bit of initiative.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    I should probably keep quiet but with an attitude like that you will find people will generally not be that helpfull. People tend to wanna help people that want to help themselves or at least show a bit of initiative.
    ok i did go though most of the links they don't sell barebone notebooks. they sell asus notebooks that are preconfigured and which i could find at other large retailers for cheaper.

so im wondering if anyone knows of a place that sells asus barebone notebooks http://www.directron.com/laptopbarebone.html this is the only useful site i found but want to know if there are other stores out there before deciding. and if thats not enough initiative or the right attitude, etc. to ask for help then im sorry for posting here.

thanks
    Last edited by manutdfan2850; January 4th, 2007 at 07:15 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

This may help. These are re-branded asus machines.

http://castle.pricewatch.com/s/searc...ks+No+OS&i=336

Also to allow us to help you better please tell us what you need to use the machine for,and what kind of specs you want in the machine.

Another note: there are other bare bone laptop makers that may have better spec machines.
    Last edited by John.Michael.Kane; January 4th, 2007 at 07:51 PM.
    Advantages and Disadvantages of 64bit.(Plus install Guides)

‘In search of some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find.’

Beans

ok i did go though most of the links they don't sell barebone notebooks. they sell asus notebooks that are preconfigured and which i could find at other large retailers for cheaper.
    Then why don't you say so, you make it sound as if you could not be bothered.

Yes, a lot of those sites do sell preconfigured laptops. i did a exercise a while back trying to build a system76 spec laptop for price comparison purposes. A good few of the sites they listed did have the option to build up a bare-bones system. Start with the base and add all the components.

I dunno how it works in the US but it might be an option to register as a dealer with one of the local asus distributors, buy the components at cost price and assemble yourself. That is what I do but it might not be possible over there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast