Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Online radio/shows

Anonii is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Online radio/shows

Y Halo Thar!

I'd like to start listening to some online shows. I know that there are some awesome ones available, but I just cant find them. At the moment, I'm only listening to the Linux Action Show. Can you, please, propose me some comedy, art related, random or whatever good shows to follow (I'm immune to swearing, so bring it on!)

Thanks!

Beans

Re: Online radio/shows

I like the Linux Link Tech Show, some good guests and they know their stuff.

Lug Radio is kinda okay.. I guess.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    I like the Linux Link Tech Show, some good guests and they know their stuff.

Lug Radio is kinda okay.. I guess.
    wtf! lugradio is awesome! although the humour can be a bit british at times but that's no bad thing

it's pretty poignant, whilst still being funny, and will probably test your swearing endurance
    My Site: theshadowaspect.com
    Anyone who uses phrases like Winblows, or M$, or Microsucks, etc. are not doing the Linux world any favors.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by shrimphead View Post
    wtf! lugradio is awesome! although the humour can be a bit british at times but that's no bad thing

it's pretty poignant, whilst still being funny, and will probably test your swearing endurance
    Yeah, as a Brit I definitely appreciate the humour, just I prefer the more technical orientation of tllts, & the fact they try out different stuff instead of going on about Ubuntu over and over. Anyway, I still listen occasionally.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Didn't know these types of shows existed. Gonna give them a try!

Anyone listen to this before?

http://turnoffyourtv.libsyn.com/
    ~ AMD64 X2 4200+ Venice 2.2GHz | Gigabyte 6800GT PCI-E | 2048 DDR | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | 22" Chimei LCD | 430W Thermaltake | Ubuntu User #10,682 ~ dv6000 Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 1.83Ghz | Nvidia 7400 256MB | 1024 DDR2 ~

Beans

Hi.

www.wfmu.org is a new jersey based freeform radiostation. I can recommend it. They have the Seven Second Delay show which is good if you give it a chance. www.sevenseconddelay.blogspot.com. Art stuff would på Kenny G's show. But check out the blog as well blog.wfmu.org. It is all free and without commercials. The station plays "hippie noise".

They also have a huge archive and a search engine that is able to find any song and give you the direct link into the archive. Great for checking out a cd before buying it.

Beans
    Hidden!

Thank you very much.
    I just listened to the latest Lug Radio, and I admit its really interesting.
    I'll listen to the others tomorrow.
    By the way, please, if you have some moar, suggest them, because I have 20~ more studying hours to fill weekly.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

There's also the Linux Reality podcast and the Lottalinuxlinks podcast. Both good.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

IMO
    LugRadio > Linux LInk Tech Show (the latter has too much dead air // aimless banter, while the LR banter is much tighter

Linux Reality and LottaLinuxLinks are good for beginner types, and as they are one man shows, there's no banter as such.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'll try these two!

(By the way, I would like something non-Linux specific)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast