View Poll Results: What do you think to the change?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it

5 83.33%
  • I don't like it

1 16.67%

Thread: Ubuntu Forums header

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Ubuntu Forums header

Hello there! I checked to see if there was a forum for site suggestions, but couldnt find one... so ive posted here.

Does anybody else notice how the header of the forums site has oddly padded logo and search?

I've attached 2 screenshots, one showing how the header looks on my browser (Firefox 3.0.8, Ubuntu 9.04 beta) and one showing the modifications I made... not entirely sure why they use tables in the header? maybe someone could clear that up for me... surely some nested divs would be better?

But anyway, if anybody who is in charge of the site design reads this, please dont be offended... I think the overall look of the site is great

Cheers
    Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu Forums header

Moved to FFH.

The links were added a few days ago: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1110288

When u-g will have time, he'll do the theme over to better integrate the links
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests by PM, thanks |

Beans
    Distro

err, that's not my point... i hate to debate, so i won't lol

Beans
    Distro

wait, hang on, debate?... aaahhh... so thats how the world works anyway, yes, everybody loves links, but what about what u shud of read, before making a 'robot' post?

Much love
    xxx

PS: no offence, but ive been supporting the community for years... and tbh, ur header is lacking padding

Beans
    Distro

PS: What links????

Beans
    Distro

PPS, i also resent how this thread had been moved to a forum in which people complain about not being able to post etc... i don't like not being taken seriously

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by tr33m4n View Post
    err, that's not my point... i hate to debate, so i won't lol
    wait, hang on, debate?... aaahhh... so thats how the world works anyway, yes, everybody loves links, but what about what u shud of read, before making a 'robot' post?

Much love
    xxx

PS: no offence, but ive been supporting the community for years... and tbh, ur header is lacking padding
    Dude, patience. It's a padding change. ubuntu-geek, as bapoumba has said, will be updating the layout & header links when time is available. Use a user stylesheet if it bothers you that much.

PS: What links????
    I believe bapoumba was referring to the links added to the top-right of the page pointing back to ubuntu.com, launchpad, and documentation. We were recently talking about this in another forum so when I first read your post I thought you meant those as well until I opened the screenshots.

PPS, i also resent how this thread had been moved to a forum in which people complain about not being able to post etc... i don't like not being taken seriously
    This is the proper location:
    Forum Feedback & Help
    Report technical problems with the website here (i.e. broken features), or ask questions pertaining to forum features.
    All forum-related questions fall under this category; I don't see how it is equivalent to not being taken seriously. We do read through topics in this forum, you just have to have patience.

Beans
    Distro

ah, dude, sorry... I was at a friends birthday last night, got very drunk, fell out with someone, and then decided to go on the ubuntu forums! So so sorry, I didn't mean any offence... I think computers should detect when im drunk and not turn on! lol

Anyway, sorry again

Cheers
    Dan