Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sabayon Linux became the official Beryl distro!!!

Beans

Red face Sabayon Linux became the official Beryl distro!!!

Sabayon Linux became the official Beryl distro!!!
    Official Distributions

The official Beryl distro, offers beryl installed by default.
    Sabayon

>Performance, Versatility, Stability
    With a heavily modified make.conf to ensure that Sabayon runs at the highest speed possible on newer computer hardware and fast on semi-older hardware Sabayon delivers some of the best performance in the Linux world today. Sabayon has also compiled the kernel to run well against many available architectures while still leaving the ability to change anything at your desire. With Sabayon it is possible to boot up with Beryl, to have Beryl automatically setup and installed, or to boot with gentoo legacy. Being built upon the strengths of Gentoo, Sabayon provides a rock solid distribution that stays smooth even under the extreme loads.

http://www.beryl-project.org/distros.php

Beans

Re: Sabayon Linux became the official Beryl distro!!!

'bout time

Beans

*snip* my post was out of context, my fault. sorry!
    Last edited by maniacmusician; January 3rd, 2007 at 07:58 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

eh, look at the link, they just did

if feisty ships with beryl, i bet it would become the "official" distro

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aidanr View Post
    eh, look at the link, they just did

if feisty ships with beryl, i bet it would become the "official" distro
    geh didn't see that link (I thought the page being linked was the one on the Sabayon site). that's pretty ridiculous. I'm interested to see what the reaction will be. I like Sabayon, I don't use it that often, though.

It's interesting that they chose a KDE distro as their official distro, when beryl is clearly more functional (and pretty) with Gnome right now. As a KDE user, I have to say, I cringe every time I have to use a GTK interface because they always look like crap on KDE.

But yeah. Surprised they didnt choose a GNOME-centric distro instead

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmusician View Post
    geh didn't see that link (I thought the page being linked was the one on the Sabayon site). that's pretty ridiculous. I'm interested to see what the reaction will be. I like Sabayon, I don't use it that often, though.

It's interesting that they chose a KDE distro as their official distro, when beryl is clearly more functional (and pretty) with Gnome right now. As a KDE user, I have to say, I cringe every time I have to use a GTK interface because they always look like crap on KDE.

But yeah. Surprised they didnt choose a GNOME-centric distro instead
    pretty easy answer there currently are only two distros that have Beryl by default Sabayon and KNOPPIX.....the are both KDE by default yet both come with Gnome in their DVD releases....so both Sabayon and KNOPPIX are the logical choices.
    Last edited by RAV TUX; January 3rd, 2007 at 09:09 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

I don't think any distro should have beryl by default, nothing says "lets play into the current desktop trends of microsoft" more than shipping a 3d desktop.

Anyone notice that Apple isn't even concerned with bringing 3d to the desktop? Last time I checked, everyone looks to Apple for innovation and it doesn't seem that they consider the 3d eye candy trend to be at all innovative for anything productive in desktop computing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by maxamillion View Post
    I don't think any distro should have beryl by default, nothing says "lets play into the current desktop trends of microsoft" more than shipping a 3d desktop.

Anyone notice that Apple isn't even concerned with bringing 3d to the desktop? Last time I checked, everyone looks to Apple for innovation and it doesn't seem that they consider the 3d eye candy trend to be at all innovative for anything productive in desktop computing.
    They've been having 3d effects..........

Beans

We should never judge things by what apple do. They have the Quartz Extreme composite windowing system which changes regularly. Bery should be optional but most certainly should be made available for those who choose to use it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Moved to Other Distro Talk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast