Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: European open source guys, please sign the petition and keep this thread alive

Beans

European open source guys, please sign the petition and keep this thread alive

European open source guys, please invite yourselves and friends to sign the petition: http://www.p2pnet.net/story/10879. I don't think ppl outside EU have a right to request, but you may ask around.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: European open source guys, please sign the petition and keep this thread alive

Read it, signed it. Good call ephemeros.

As I was about to sign it I realised that the local government of Extremadura, Spain (yes, an EU member state) can't watch the streaming videos from the Coucil of the European Union because they use ... Linux (Debian to be precise).

How about that?

/Mojoman

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: European open source guys, please sign the petition and keep this thread alive

Read it. Signed it.

Beans

yeah, the call was on rootley, but damn these news come and go so fast. i was so lucky i saw it on distrowatch. you were too

Beans

Signed

Beans

Signed... dont listen to the w32codec guys, they are illegal in most places and we should at least "want" to be legal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Signed

I'd sign it, but I am an ugly American, and that would be dishonest.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by K.Mandla View Post
    I'd sign it, but I am an ugly American, and that would be dishonest.
    No, I don't think it would. Why should the politics of the EU only be accessible to it's own citizens? Sure, it's for the citizens to have a say but this is about partaking in information from the EU. They themselves state that this information should be available to everyone, i.e. it is public information.

If you agree and feel so inclined, you should sign it, regardless if you live in EU, USA or outer space.

/Mojoman
    Last edited by mojoman; January 3rd, 2007 at 08:52 AM. Reason: typo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I signed it, and I am from America. This sort of thing affects us all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast