Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Learn. Sacrifice. Contribute.

Beans

Re: Learn. Sacrifice. Contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by phossal View Post
    I deleted them for two reasons:

1. I don't want them showing up in Google. I would actually delete them, but I can't, obviously.
    2. They really were just useless. I refuse to discuss any more 'philosophy' with pmasair. Check his reponses to me - in fact, all of his posts in general - they're almost 100% "opinion". I much prefer to stick to the advice. When I post any kind of 'opinion' at all, the guy responds to it in exactly the same way. I love being quoted, I just don't want to read a pro-python sales pitch in every thread. Talk about a waste of space. I'm not sure he's actually helped anyone with any problem, other than convincing me he's ... not worth the points the moderater gave me for reminding him he's an idiot.

In fact, here it is....

The guy is an idiot. Ban me. I actually helped a few people. All he did was voice his "opinions". That's fantastic, and perfectly tolerable. I just hate the guy. He's worthless. lol I haven't gotten any questions answered. But I've read a lot of idiotic, useless, repetitive opinions.
    No offense to anyone, you or him... But I don't see that calling him names is any less of a waste of time than him selling python. He is at least promoting a good language, calling people names doesn't do anything.

Beans

You know what this is...

It's my own failure. I owe the forums an apology. I have a character flaw. I'm practical. I'm pragmatic. I want things to work. I want solutions. I want good information. I offer an opinion when I think there is some practical benefit to it, and then I drop it if the people around me don't see the value in it.

I don't like a lot of talk. The guy irritated me because he wanted a debate. I'm not the kind of guy for that. He voiced his opinion to me 30+ times, in every thread. I only needed to hear it once. It wasn't valuable to me. I reviewed his posts, and they are mostly opinions. He's all opinion, and, worse, it's a bad one - because his opinion doesn't allow for an alternative which absolutely exists. Why does he have to follow me around? lol

I shouldn't have called him names. I should have ignored him. I was wrong. But my failure doesn't make him any less annoying, any more helpful, or me any less irritated.
    Last edited by phossal; January 3rd, 2007 at 10:40 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by phossal View Post
    You know what this is...

It's my own failure. I owe the forums an apology. I have a character flaw. I'm practical. I'm pragmatic. I want things to work. I want solutions. I want good information. I offer an opinion when I think there is some practical benefit to it, and then I drop it if the people around me don't see the value in it.

I don't like a lot of talk. The guy irritated me because he wanted a debate. I'm not the kind of guy for that. He voiced his opinion to me 30+ times, in every thread. I only needed to hear it once. It wasn't valuable to me. I reviewed his posts, and they are mostly opinions. He's all opinion, and, worse, it's a bad one - because his opinion doesn't allow for an alternative which absolutely exists. Why does he have to follow me around? lol

I shouldn't have called him names. I should have ignored him. I was wrong. But my failure doesn't make him any less annoying, any more helpful, or me any less irritated.
    you are acting pretty f'ing weird mang

relax before i e-slap you

and editing your posts for google? seriously wtf is that about? stop it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Maybe we should all just chill and just let the matter drop I mean, there's no point us arguing about this anyways...lets just "agree to disagree"

Cheers,
    Kinson

Beans
    Hidden!

word

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd mcclendon View Post
    and editing your posts for google? seriously wtf is that about? stop it.
    Just for fun I checked top google post with my nick. yes, 1st and 2nd is me - i am good

Someone must linked to that post (bunch of links about tomcat). Of course phossal is there, His single post must be quite surprise for the forum (server admin questions, no flamewars between us before). Post is less abusive than phossal standard - for some reason he did not edited out that one. maybe he forgot.

Google for phossal gives this thread at 2nd place. There is also http://www.phossal.net/ (rated less than this thread) -- maybe that is main phossal's concern.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by kinson View Post
    Maybe we should all just chill and just let the matter drop I mean, there's no point us arguing about this anyways...lets just "agree to disagree"

Cheers,
    Kinson
    You're right.

Let's we all take a step back, please.

This discussion is not going anywhere.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345