Thread: New IceWM theme - IceGil Grey

Beans

New IceWM theme - IceGil Grey

This one was quick. Doesn't seem to be any major problems with this one. Its basically the Gilouche metacity theme, but with my own touches to it. Goes well with a grey Murrina theme and a background of a landscape. It's supposed to be more conservative and professional looking than my last one.

Enjoy!

Edit1: Couldnt upload file, separated background from theme
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Albi; December 22nd, 2006 at 03:44 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: New IceWM theme - IceGil Grey

Very nice (clean) looking theme!

Albi, that's very sharp. You're making me want to use IceWM!
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Beans

nice!!! 8)

thanks

Beans

I can't get this to work. I'm probably doing something wrong. I unzipped it to /usr/share/icewm/themes and selected it from themes in the start menu.

The menu line in the bottom looks okay but the window captions are blue and the system buttons for each application are blurred. Do I have to have a certain resolution or colour depth?

Last edited by graabein; December 25th, 2006 at 01:42 PM. Reason: typos

Beans

Are you using the IceWM from the repositories?
    (Btw post screenshot)

Beans

Maybe it's an old version of IceWM. I'm still using Dapper here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

That's very strange...it looks like it's not finding the pixmap images. Make sure you unzipped everything, I'm not sure what else to suggest; try unzipping it in /usr/share/icewm/themes instead. Also, it uses the arial font and you may not have that, causing everything to mess up somehow. If so, edit default.theme and change
    TitleFontNameXft = arial:size=9:bold
    to
    TitleFontNameXft = sans-serif:size=9
    I don't think changing color depth will solve anything in this case. Maybe you can try installing the Edgy package instead and see what happens?

Also, I released both of my themes to freshmeat, and a Mac Clone and Vista Clone (2 colors) one should be ready soon.
    http://themes.freshmeat.net/projects/icegilgrey/
    http://themes.freshmeat.net/projects/thinblack/

Beans

Hi, my machine broke down so I've not been able to answer before. It's still broken btw.

I did unzip everything to /usr/share/icewm/themes and it's still the same. Changing the font did not do any difference. I'm guessing it's because I run 1.2.23-3ubuntu1 version from Dapper and in Edgy IceWM is version 1.2.28-1ubuntu1. Does not matter. I will look at it when my machine is back on air.

Another thing I came to think of: What if you included SVG image of buttons and such so it's easy for others to tinker with it? I for one did not want the Windows logo on the start menu button so I had to hack it in GIMP.

Very nice theme though. It really made me want to check out IceWM!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by graabein View Post
    Hi, my machine broke down so I've not been able to answer before. It's still broken btw.

I did unzip everything to /usr/share/icewm/themes and it's still the same. Changing the font did not do any difference. I'm guessing it's because I run 1.2.23-3ubuntu1 version from Dapper and in Edgy IceWM is version 1.2.28-1ubuntu1. Does not matter. I will look at it when my machine is back on air.

Another thing I came to think of: What if you included SVG image of buttons and such so it's easy for others to tinker with it? I for one did not want the Windows logo on the start menu button so I had to hack it in GIMP.

Very nice theme though. It really made me want to check out IceWM!
    It shouldn't show the windows logo...although I included it, but it seems it's looking for a different pixmap than it should (icewm_win instead of icewm.png). Your screenshot doesn't show this though....
    What I would do is check the folder for broken symlinks; try replacing the symlinks with copies or fixing them another way if this is the case.

As for SVGs: I don't have any, sorry. What is in the package is what I made for many things. But because the image is so small, you can just zoom in very high and edit it easily.