Thread: Homeworld SDL

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Homeworld SDL

Hey all,

Anyone here tried the Homeworld SDL? I'm told its still alpha but playable.

Homeworld runs perfectly in wine anyhew, so I just play it that way but I'm always interested in the natives.

Oh and btw HOMEWORLD IS THE GREATEST RTS OF ALL TIME.....DISAGREE WITH ME..... I DARE YA

Aeth
    "Kreed" - Download/File Server - AMD Sempron 3000+ / 768MB / nVidia 6200GT - Ubuntu 9.04
    "Muter" - Work Laptop - Dell Latitude D830 / Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz / 2048MB / Nvidia 140NVS - Ubutnu 9.04

Beans

Re: Homeworld SDL

Hi I have tried long time ago.

As far as I am concerned it was working well. However for some reason i used homeworld to play in cedega. (I guess bec. i was lazy to recomile everytime when i changed distro) but know that i have LTS and not changing it i might try it again. Actually i will try as wine and cedega in full screen make me loose 1/3 of my fps and it might not happen in the linux port.

If you try I would be interested in the result as well

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

i have never benchmarked it, but Homeworld in wine suffers from no *noticeable* drop in framerate on my box.

I'm gonna give it a try, although I am a bit lazy
    "Kreed" - Download/File Server - AMD Sempron 3000+ / 768MB / nVidia 6200GT - Ubuntu 9.04
    "Muter" - Work Laptop - Dell Latitude D830 / Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz / 2048MB / Nvidia 140NVS - Ubutnu 9.04

Beans

No No. It is my ati igp 345m graphic card that has problems with wine and cedega. I suppose it does not happens with other cards. Iwill give a try to the sdl version wednesday at night. if you do not try it till that time i will inform you about how it worked

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

The Homeworld SDL havn't been active for a long period it seems, a pity though :-/