Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: MPD & Clients.

Beans

Re: HOWTO: MPD & Clients.

Thanks for the howto. I had been planning to make a home music server, this will help a lot.

Beans

Updated: packaged the plugins. The wikipedia plugin now works and the cover art fetcher is much improved.

I created some good packages for the awesome upcoming gmpc 0.14:

gmpc_0.14-RC1.tar.gz. Contains the player and plugins. You only need the -dev package if you want to compile the plugins on your own.

JMO707: Thanks for the howto. I ran into some permission errors because of the symlinking tactic, and made a config file that got around it. I attached it if anyone ran into the same problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by deadlydeathcone; May 15th, 2007 at 03:05 AM. Reason: edit: updated packages

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I just now found the time to set up my music server, so thank you a lot, JM0707! (I asked him to give us an english translation of his original spanish HowTo.) mpd is now running on my Linux router, the music is on an external hard disk attached to the router's usb port, and I can control it either from my computer with gmpc or with my mobile phone using bluetooth. Cool

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Hi.
    I am using mpd and ncmpc currently on dapper server install.
    Works great, but i have one last issue: How do i make mpd and mpdscribbler (for last.fm scrobbling) start automatically on startup?

When I do

Code:
    sudo update-rc.d mpd defaults
    it says:

Code:
    System startup links for /etc/init.d/mpd already exist.

But it doesnt come up automatically on startup. Same is for mpdscribbler.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks for the how to but there is an error in one of the commands. You need to edit the original post to change "sudo mpd –create-db" to "sudo mpd --create-db" (no one reads past the main post). Someone told me to use "man mpd" and it shows two dashs in front of create not one....this caused me many headaches!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by rggavubt View Post
    Thanks for the how to but there is an error in one of the commands. You need to edit the original post to change "sudo mpd –create-db" to "sudo mpd --create-db" (no one reads past the main post). Someone told me to use "man mpd" and it shows two dashs in front of create not one....this caused me many headaches!
    I just read my post and my two dashes look like one big dash....you can't see the space between the dashes on the screen. I guess the original post was correct but didn't show up correctly on the screen.

Beans

I installed mpd, mpc and gmpc from repositories on Feisty. I made the changes in mpd.conf following this howto and ran
    Code:
    sudo mpd --create-db
    which added all my songs into the database.
    I launched gmpc and ticked autoconnect in teh preferences. But still I have nothing in Browse Artists in Play-list manager. Any help, please?
    ASUS Zenbook 14 Ubuntu 22.10

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Did you remember to restart the mpd after you updated the music database? Changes to it won't show up until you do.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabbadont View Post
    Did you remember to restart the mpd after you updated the music database? Changes to it won't show up until you do.
    oh, thanks a lot, it did it.
    ASUS Zenbook 14 Ubuntu 22.10

Beans

I can't get Sonata installed. I've had it running before I reinstalled Ubuntu (Dapper), but I can't get it to work now. I install from source (as the .deb clashes with some dependencies), and all goes well there. When I try to run Sonata, I get an icon in the system tray, but no player shows up.

This is what I get in the terminal:

Code:
    Taglib and tagpy not found, tag editing support disabled.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/sonata.py", line 3858, in trayaction
        self.trayaction_activate(None)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/sonata.py", line 3823, in trayaction_activate
        if self.window.window.get_state() & gtk.gdk.WINDOW_STATE_WITHDRAWN: # window is hidden
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_state'
    Any suggestions? I know this should work, as I've had it running before. A bit frustrating, as it is a nice player.

EDIT: I reinstalled the package and all works fine now. Don't ask me why, though, as I have no clue.
    Last edited by urukrama; April 9th, 2007 at 12:11 PM. Reason: problem solved

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast