Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Toshiba Laptop (with Phoenix BIOS) and built-in Bluetooth support

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: HOWTO: Toshiba Laptop (with Phoenix BIOS) and built-in Bluetooth support

It detects:

Code:
    BIOS Vendor:   Phoenix Technologies LTD
    BIOS Version:  1.70   
    BIOS Release:  05/08/2006
    System Vendor: TOSHIBA
    Product Name:  SATELLITE PRO A100
    Version:       PSAACE-001009AR
    Serial Number: 66849489G
    Board Vendor:  Intel Corporation
    Board Name:    Not Applicable
    Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

SATELLITE PRO A100
    There is no Satellite A100 listed in the supported laptop list, and I do not know what the closest model on that list is to yours. I would guess that the Ectype 14 is closest (Satellite A105), from what I know about the Toshiba laptop feature lists, but for all I know the hardware could be completely different. For this model it only fully supports Bluetooth.

From my understanding of the Toshiba models, the xx0 variant (such as your A100) are customisable, and the xx5 (such as the A105) have a few submodels, each corresponding to a particular common customisation. Meaning that the A100 and A105 are the same underlying hardware (BIOS and motherboard). But I could be completely wrong!

A warning on the omnibook website: It can be dangerous to use this with an unsupported machine by forcing a particular ectype.

If you want to try, you may want to find out what you can about which model is closest to yours on that list first. Or you may not.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Note: Toshiba Satellite A105 and A100 are identical models (A100 is European name).

Also, I've noticed... the newest "Vista" BIOS upgrade fixes the multimedia and Fn keys, so now they work perfectly in Ubuntu too (at least the multimeda and screen brightness keys) without additional software (I've got a Satellite A100).

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Your news about the Vista BIOS upgrade is most welcome, thank you. I'll see if there is one for my Satellite Pro M70. I have been irritated by the lack of MM keys since i got the machine.

And the Ectype 14 should work for you, then.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Omnibook module with ectpe 14 works to some extent (it only recognises LCD brigtness). If I try to echo some brightness level to /proc/omnibook/lcd, nothing changes until I press the Fn brightness key. After I press the key, the brightness suddenly jumps to the set level.

I can't test the module for bluetooth though, since my model doesn't have BT built in. At least the MM keys and brightness control are working, so I can achieve approximately the same battery life than on Windows.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

WoW, it works for me

The omnibook module with ectype 14 parameter is working with TOSHIBA A100 model

Code:
    bluetooth  dmi  lcd  version < It detects the appropriate bluetooth control
    Bluetooth is present and enabled
    LCD brightness: 7 (max value: 7)

Thank you

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Pronco View Post
    WoW, it works for me

The omnibook module with ectype 14 parameter is working with TOSHIBA A100 model

Code:
    bluetooth  dmi  lcd  version < It detects the appropriate bluetooth control
    Bluetooth is present and enabled
    LCD brightness: 7 (max value: 7)

Thank you
    Hi i got Toshiba A100-405 PSAA9E, after fresh install of Ubuntu 7.04 my WiFi worked out of box, i could adjust screen brightness by using Fn key. But bluetooth doesn't want to work.
    I have tryed omnibook, but it didn't worked for me either. could you plz give me step by step of your howto, since you have also A100.
    thnx

Beans

Hi! I've just got a Satellite M205 and it is not working perfectly. After search on the Net, i found many suggestion to use omnibook but it seems to me, after do a "make install" with the source cod, nothing happen. I can't found the folder named "omnibook" in my /proc folder.
    My laptop is very hot now because I can't get control of the fan. Please give me some suggestion! Thanks in advance!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by psycho_NIX View Post
    Hi i got Toshiba A100-405 PSAA9E, after fresh install of Ubuntu 7.04 my WiFi worked out of box, i could adjust screen brightness by using Fn key. But bluetooth doesn't want to work.
    I have tryed omnibook, but it didn't worked for me either. could you plz give me step by step of your howto, since you have also A100.
    thnx
    You've to specify the Ectype paramter corresponding to your Ectype model

Try Ectype 14 works for my A100 lappy as I've mentioned above

Code:
    sudo modprobe omnibook ectype=14
    Perhaps it works

Thank you!
    Pronco

Beans
    Hidden!

This post was of a very great help!!! Thank you!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast