Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: [How-To] Install Amarok with MTP-Device Support

Beans

Re: [How-To] Install Amarok with MTP-Device Support

I've got it working. I installed both libmtp and Amarok (and all Dependant packs as well) with synaptic. Plugging in my Zune didn't work automatically, so I went to Settings>Configure Amarok>Media Devices>Add Device>Added it with the MTP handle and my name. When I plugged it and Hit connect it worked like a champ. Note, that only music can be seen, Pictures, Podcasts, etc. cannot be seen via Amarok. Also right clicking files and selecting "Copy to Collection" always seems to fail. I have the Zune 30 w/2.5 firmware. Note*Copying files from the Zune takes a long time, but I can still play music on my Zune device while I'm pulling music off which is nice (Just don't try to play the music you are syncing, if they happen to use the same file at the same time it will lock Amarok and the Zune up too requiring a Back+Down restart on the Zune).

Edit: I'm using Amarok 1.4.5 with Feisty. Sorry but I'm a n00b at anything linux.
    Last edited by link48010; July 17th, 2008 at 08:13 AM.

Beans

Does anyone know if this works right for Ubuntu 8.04 LTS ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

oi just a couple fo questions. will this work for zune? i got linked to this thread from another as a solution for using zune on linux. and btw in synaptic there's a libmtp 0.3.0 , i'm guessing that will work? and i just have to install amarok?
    Desktop: eMachines T5046 w/ intel pentium 3.07 Ghz 1.5Gb RAM, nvidia geForce 8400 w/ 512Mb RAM, running dual-boot XP and ubuntu 9.04
    Laptop: HP 6735s w/ aMD turion x2 64 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3200, with dual-boot Vista and Jaunty

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415