Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: [How-To] Install Amarok with MTP-Device Support

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: [How-To] Install Amarok with MTP-Device Support

I've been trying to get both Amarok and Gnomad2 (using another excellent howto) to work with my Creative Microphoto. I can get one or the other. Amarok seems to need <=libmtp-0.1.0, and Gnomad uses the latest version of libmtp. Has anyone got them both working together? I'm on Edgy just now; should I upgrade to Feisty?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by ButteBlues View Post
    Also, I'll be completely renovating this soon and moving it to my site.

If someone could create an Edgy deb that's built with mtp support, I'd also host that.
    I managed to make a .deb on Edgy and was able to transfer an album to my iriver clix. the package is 28.3 MB.

Note: After trying to reconnect it a second time, i get a closing session error and amarok crashes when i try to connect. I don't know what is causing this.

Beans

Hello all,

I'm using Dapper so that I manage to make some .deb with
    amarok 1.4.5 and libmtp 0.1.3 (last known)

Here how:

First remove, old packages:

Code:
    sudo apt-get remove amarok amarok-xine libmtp2 libmtp-dev
    Then get source packages (example for France mirrors)

Code:
    wget ftp://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/X11/kde/stable/amarok/1.4.5/src/amarok-1.4.5.tar.bz2
    wget http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/libmtp/libmtp-0.1.3.tar.gz
    Uncompress both of the files,
    go to the libmtp dir and do:

Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr
    sudo make
    sudo checkinstall
    sudo cp libmtp.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
    Get the build dependencies for amarok:

Code:
    sudo apt-get build-dep amarok
    sudo apt-get install ruby1.8-dev
    Then go to the amarok directory, compil amarok and build packages:

Code:
    ./configure --with-njb --with-mtp --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`
    sudo make
    sudo checkinstall
    It should be straight forward and you now have libmtp and amarok installed on
    your system.

I post a link to the two .deb that I had (watch out, there aren't configured with dependencies, make sure
    you have all the needed packages before installing it):

http://anchois.free.fr/dapper/amarok_1.4.5-1_i386.deb
    http://anchois.free.fr/dapper/libmtp_0.1.3-1_i386.deb

The only thing is that on my Dapper it's only working as root (not as a user). I didn't manage to correct
    the problem with the mtp-detect -> Operation not permitted as normal user.

btw: I have a Creative Vision M, I didn't have time to test deeply but connection is working and it's showing all my mp3
    (which is more than I had before

I have done some tests:
    stability -> rock solid: 5Gb of deleted mp3 and 7Gb transfered to the player with 3 or 4 Connexion/Deconnexion between
    usuability -> it's nice to have all the album covers / transfer from the player to the PC is not working
    Last edited by anchois; February 28th, 2007 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Adding tests results

Beans

If mtp-detect gives you this:

Code:
    Found non-autodetected device "Creative Zen V" on USB bus...
    usb_claim_interface(): Operation not permitted
    Connection error.
    No devices.
    Then try this thread: http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.ph...13539.msg17145

Working successfully for me, though I did still have to manually add it in Amarok...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I followed the directions several times and was not able to get MTP support to apply to amarok. After a little more hunting I found a great summary of this entire thread at "http://thecrosstalk.blogspot.com/2007/01/amarok-music-manager.html" . It appears that the key difference is you MUST use an alias when you checkinstall amarok and MTP support. I think that because I didn't do this when I ran sudo apt-get install amarok-xine a standard install from the ubuntu repo overwrote my manual compile.

The author of this post references this thread as the primary source for his writeup.
    Thank you for all the help! - MP
    Last edited by mattyp1; March 11th, 2007 at 11:56 PM. Reason: mispell

Beans

Well, I'm pretty sure I've tried every suggestion in this forum and the others it has linked to, but it comes down to this. I'm running Kubuntu Edgy, with all the latest packages. I have successfully compiled and/or installed the supporting packages. Mtp-detect and other mtp example commands work fine with my Creative Zen Vision:M. But when I try to make amarok-1.4.5, I get this (much compilation finished at this point):

/bin/bash ../../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++ -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall
    -W -Wpointer-arith -O2 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -o amarokapp -L/usr/share/qt3/lib -L/usr/lib -R /usr/lib -R /usr/lib -R /usr/share/qt3/lib -R /usr/lib main.o ../../amarok/src/amarokcore/libamarokcore.la libamarok.la ../../amarok/src/analyzers/libanalyzers.la ../../amarok/src/plugin/libplugin.la ../../amarok/src/statusbar/libstatusbar.la ../../amarok/src/metadata/libmetadata.la -l kutils -lkio -lkdeui -lkdecore -lkhtml -lknewstuff -L/usr/lib -ltag -lGL ../../amarok/src/sqlite/libsqlite.la -ltunepimp

/usr/bin/ld: BFD 2.17 Debian GNU/Linux assertion fail ../../binutils-2.17/bfd/elflink.c:6261
    /usr/bin/ld: .libs/amarokapp: hidden symbol `__fini_array_end' in .libs/amarokapp is referenced by DSO
    /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[4]: *** [amarokapp] Error 1

My version of binutils is 2.17-1ubuntu1. I'm running the latest kernel. I don't have the most experience developing for Linux, so I would appreciate any suggestions.

/Once this works, I'll never need to boot XP again.
    Last edited by able421; March 12th, 2007 at 10:52 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hi,

I've been able to succesfully build Amarok 1.4.5 with MTP support. I'm using Ubuntu Edgy.

I'm using libmtp from CVS, like this:

Code:
    cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@libmtp.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/libmtp login
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@libmtp.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/libmtp co -P libmtp
    ./autogen.sh
    ./configure --prefix=/usr
    make
    sudo checkinstall
    Then get and compile Amarok like this:

Code:
    wget ftp://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/X11/kde/stable/amarok/1.4.5/src/amarok-1.4.5.tar.bz2
    tar xjf amarok-1.4.5.tar.bz2
    cd amarok-1.4.5
    make
    sudo checkinstall
    The package actually failed to install at first, because it would overwrite a file from the existing amarok-xine package. So I had to force it:

Code:
    sudo dpkg --force overwrite -i amarok-1.4.5.deb
    And Bob's your uncle. Since yesterday libmtp supports my Samsung YH 925GS which I can now fully use with Amarok as well as with gnomad2. Wahey!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I just pulled fiesty sources from the repo and hacked the control a little to build my packages. Now, the Phillips GoGear HDD6330/17 is supported by the lastest libmtp. You have to build it from source though.

Beans

Hi

Sorry I'm quite sure it's one of my usual stupid mistake but i block there

lois@lois-desktop:~/amarok-with-mtp_dir$ sudo apt-get source amarok
    Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
    Construction de l'arbre des dépendances
    Lecture de l'information d'état... Fait
    E: Impossible de verrouiller /var/lib/apt/lists/e17.sos-sts.com_dists_edgy_e17_source_Sources - open (2 Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type)

What should I do ??
    Last edited by Someone09; April 11th, 2007 at 08:11 PM.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast