Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: An Ubuntu story

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: An Ubuntu story

It's just bad that the idea of using Linux could lead someone to think your a criminal. creating the best operating system in the world doesn't need that kind of resistance.

"Want to try Ubuntu Linux?"

"No, I don't want to go to jail"
    42 is not an anwser, it's an error code. the universe is saying 'Error 42: meaning to universe not found'
    Programmer, Teacher and Artist

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I laughed out loud at the first post, and linked to it from my journal. Awesome.
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Went into "Currys Digital" the other day in search of a cheap PnP portable hard drive, asked the guy in the store which one wouldnt require silly proprietary drivers, and would therefore work on Linux. He laughed at me and said "With Linux you have to build your own drivers". I can honestly say that in 18 months of various Linux flavours that I've never had to build my own driver for anything. *sigh*
    Lose all your fears, they're keeping you down.
    Windows-Free since 2nd September 2006

Beans

Since I use linux, first I do some research on what I'd like to buy and even then, I only but it in stores were I'll be able to return it in 15 days... that's good.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    I didn't do anything wrong, we all apologized and acted as nothing happened, they were all doing their jobs, just some miscomunication and misunderstanding was involved.
    That's not really the point.

You claim you were arrested simply because some customer services dogsbody said you were doing something illegal and disclosed your personal details to the Police.

She had no right to do that, had no evidence that you had done anything wrong and again with no evidence you were arrested on suspicion of commiting a crime.

And you consider that to be acceptable?
    We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation - Voltaire

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by MrHorus View Post
    That's not really the point.

You claim you were arrested simply because some customer services dogsbody said you were doing something illegal and disclosed your personal details to the Police.

She had no right to do that, had no evidence that you had done anything wrong and again with no evidence you were arrested on suspicion of commiting a crime.

And you consider that to be acceptable?
    When crime and corruption are common, proof and evidence becomes a luxury...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678