Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston (Massachusetts) Ubuntu Users?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Boston Ubuntu Users?

I'm in Arlington- I'd be happy to join a LoCo team should one get started. Keep us posted, Justin!

Beans

I'm in Fitchburg. Is that too far away? We're starting to implement edubuntu throughout our school, so it'd be nice to meet with some people who might be able to give some advice or encouragement.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by justin whitaker View Post
    Ok, so absent anyone else stepping forward, I'm going to set the wheels in motion on this.

Viva Ubuntu!
    How is it coming along? I'm on break right now, so hopefully I'll have time to help set up wiki pages, etc. Please get on #ubuntu-us-ne to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgomeg View Post
    I'm in Fitchburg. Is that too far away? We're starting to implement edubuntu throughout our school, so it'd be nice to meet with some people who might be able to give some advice or encouragement.
    That's excellent!
    Fitchburg's not too far away, I think by "Boston" we mean "Massachusetts". Though it's up to you how far you want to travel for meetings.

I'm interested to know how you went about getting a local school to convert to Edubuntu.
    (Intel Core i7 860, 2x2GB, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L, Radeon HD 4550, Audigy2 ZS Platinum, Sonata) + Asus V6J + Lenovo IdeaPad U330
    YOU can make Kubuntu Lucid a solid distro | My Blog

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GameManK
    I'm interested to know how you went about getting a local school to convert to Edubuntu.
    We are a small, private, Christian school with limited resources. We recently updated our lab with eMacs and iMacs, but we wanted computers in the classroom too. I had a local computer training company go out of business and donate a few dozen old computers. I didn't want to mess with windows and looked for other possibilities. Edubuntu seems a perfect fit.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Based on current discussions of what we can and cannot call ourselves, we will be taking the Massachusetts Team slot.

Any thoughts? Reservations? Any logo ideas (say a 3 leaf shamrock in the Ubuntu circle?)?

Beans
    Distro

(Intel Core i7 860, 2x2GB, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L, Radeon HD 4550, Audigy2 ZS Platinum, Sonata) + Asus V6J + Lenovo IdeaPad U330

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by justin whitaker View Post
    Based on current discussions of what we can and cannot call ourselves, we will be taking the Massachusetts Team slot.

Any thoughts? Reservations? Any logo ideas (say a 3 leaf shamrock in the Ubuntu circle?)?
    Justin officially you can take the pre-defined and pre-named Massachusetts slot(and you should) but you can also start a Boston LoCo Team too.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GameManK View Post
    Awesome Wiki!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by GameManK View Post
    Nice work!

The launchpad team is set up as well. Everyone that is interested in participating, now is the time!

Beans
    Distro

Re: Boston (Massachusetts) Ubuntu Users?

Just for fun
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast