Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Pocket PC Syncing with Evolution

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Pocket PC Syncing with Evolution

I synced with evolution, not only contacts but also calendar.
    best regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by tUrtleAE86 View Post
    HOWTO is based on syncing my Dell Axim X3i with Evolution, but it should carry over to IPAQs and other Pocket PCs.
    1) Shutdown Multisync
    2) "killall -HUP dccm" to kill the serial connection.
    3) AS A LAST RESORT, run "synce-serial-abort", if the above command doesn't work.

Please let me know if you have any problems or suggestions.
    I do have 2 questions here I have a Dell Axim 50 and I got everything installed and it sync BUT the only thing it pulled off my PDA were my contact names no addresses or email addresses were pulled from my PDA did I do something wrong?

#2. is it a must to kill the serial connection everytime you are done? and do you need to restart it every time as well?

Thanks Dan
    Please help my Virtual City grow goto http://virtuallines.myminicity.com/ & tell your friends!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Bump
    Please help my Virtual City grow goto http://virtuallines.myminicity.com/ & tell your friends!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by spnoe View Post
    synce-serial-start was unable to find the file /usr/etc/synce-serial.default:

Please run the synce-serial-config tool to create this file before running this
    script again.

I am running Mobile 2003 and Ubuntu Hardy Heron
    I have the exact same problem. Surely someone can help here!

Beans

I have managed to get contacts and tasks synchronised with evolution, thanks

taps & hufferd, I don't think I'd be able to help you out, as /usr/etc/synce-serial.default does not exist for me either, yet it still works fine.

For your information: I'm running Mobile 2003 SE, Ubuntu 8.04 64bit, connecting via the USB cradle.

For those that have multisync working, here is a little bash script I created to make it easier to run multisync from the Accessories menu:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    dccm
    sleep 1
    gksu synce-serial-start
    sleep 3
    multisync
    sleep 1
    killall -HUP dccm
    If I'm not clear, please post here / send me a private message.

The next phone / PDA I'll buy will be Linux powered, and I'll make sure it's Linux friendly before buying it (Looking at getting an openmoko next)
    Work smart, not hard.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi everyone!
    I've used this tutorial to sync my E-TEN (WM6) PPC to Evolution in Ubuntu Hardy: http://www.synce.org/moin/SynceWithUbuntu .
    The sync takes place but no contacts from my PPC appears at Evolution.
    I didn't erase the windows partnership. I have both now at PPC.
    I've tried both metods (OpenSync and SyncEngine) and have the same results for them: It shows "syncronized" at PPC but no contacts at Evolution.
    Any hint?
    Thanks!
    Filipe

Beans

filipecamargo:
    There's a few things that may help you.
    One is to setup multisync as in the screenshot attached.

The other is a bug that I found.
    It won't synchronize if it doesn't think your contacts have changed.
    Thankfully there is a good workaround to fix this problem.
    You can either edit your contacts a tiny bit so they change, and hence get synchronized with evolution, or the approach I took:
    I backed up my contacts (I have an app called xbackup on my wince phone), deleted all my contacts, the restored all my contacts.
    When they're restored, multisync (synce may be similar) noticed the change, and correctly populated evolution with all my contacts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Work smart, not hard.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

tUrtleAE86: I ran through the instructions you got in this thread to synce my HP handheld. I got a connection with the PPC. I can see that on the screen of the PPC. when I run synce-pstatus I get a error of (could not find configuration path at "default"). I was wondering if I might need to remove synCE and multisync to configure them again. Like I said my PPC is showing a connection, but I get the above error. If I try to run multisync from the graphic interface it tells me it is running but nothing is happening. If I run multisync-qad ; in graphic interface, it tells me it could not start synce engine. It is the same with kithensync. Any help from anyone would be great. I posted a thread about my problem also. called synce problem with handheld. again thanks for any help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by djbon2112 View Post
    Hello everyone. I get to the last step ("synce-matchmaker create INDEX") but I get the error:

Code:
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ synce-matchmaker create
    [synce_info_from_file:51] unable to open file: /home/joshua/.synce/active_connection
    [rapi_context_connect:100] Failed to get connection info
    [main:62] Failed to initialize RAPI
    Same thing if I type any number after "create". I've got a Motorola Q (WM5) and Ubuntu Gutsy.
    I also get the same thing if I run the synce-matchmaker.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by filipecamargo View Post
    ...I've tried both metods...
    Thanks!
    Filipe

I actually think that's your problem right there.

I've tried this over and over again with several different versions of several different distributions. The mandriva solution worked "okay" but not great, and I found the system unstable on my hardware. (which it shouldn't have been since it's mostly new hardware, and Ubuntu is a ROCK)

Anyway, what finally got it working for me, was a CLEAN INSTALL of Ubuntu, and explicitly following the directions that several others have already linked from the opensync wiki.

I believe the problem was in trying to follow all the different how-to's and finding myself with different things running that appeared compatible, but ultimately caused the whole thing to not work.

Right now, I have a fully functional sync for contacts and calendar between my WM6 pda and Evolution. The to-do list doesn't sync, but I don't use that on my desktop anyway.
    My blog about getting your life in gear: Growing Up After 30.

My Photography: Stephen Michael Photography.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast