Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Pocket PC Syncing with Evolution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: Pocket PC Syncing with Evolution

OK, I got it working. Everything works fine except for Avantgo, I just don't have the time at the moment to follow the tutorial to change the iptables settings, but it looks pretty simple.

From the synCE sourceforge page, I got tripped up on the following section
    The Driver entry

Second you look at the Driver entry. Read more in the apropriate section below.

Driver=ipaq or Driver=usbserial Your kernel driver recognized your device, good!

Driver=(none) Your kernel driver did not recognize your device. You need to perform some special configuration:

Only if your Linux kernel is 2.6.10 or later: please send a mail to synce-devel@lists.sourceforge.net and tell us...
    1. your kernel version
    2. brand and model of your device
    3. vendor/product USB IDs for your device (see Vendor= and ProdID=)

Follow the instructions in Appendix A to add options like this, but replace the red digits with the corresponding ones from the output from the command you ran earlier:

vendor=0x049f product=0x0003

If you have the file /etc/rc.local, open it with a text editor and add this line in order to have things working directly next time you restart your computer:

/sbin/modprobe ipaq

Now run these commands to reload the ipaq module:

rmmod ipaq
    modprobe ipaq
    I misunderstood the red section (it is not highlighted on their page) and it really confused me

After re-reading it a few times, I realized that you do NOT need to configure the vendor and product settings if the driver is showing Driver=ipaq.

I undid the changes that followed for setting the vendor ID etc. and re-tried the setup.

I ran synce-kde and got a message that dccm was already running. I killed all dccm and vdccm and then went on with their instructions. It failed to work.

I then changed over to gnome and ran the connection process from the command line and it worked like a charm

Big thumbs up and thank you to the SynCE team for a great feature,=D> but a little thumbs down for the slightly confusing setup tutorial . I recommend highlighting the fact that if the driver is detected correctly, the rest of the steps in that section should be skipped.

I really hope this post helps somebody. This had been driving me nuts.

Beans
    Hidden!

hi
    Completely new to linux trying to "synce" with ipaq 3950. I think my problem is IP adresses I need to set the local one as I am on a domain How do I do step 2 in SynCE Setup and Configuration? what does apt mean? Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!

hi again so new not posted before still learning found aload more messages no help.
    running latest ubuntu trying to sync ipaq3950
    followed all the steps until. tried changing ip address
    run synce-pstatus error:
    unable to initialize RAPI: unsuspected failure
    complete newby any help welcome

Ta l8r

Beans
    Hidden!

hi again progress!! do sudo synce-serial-start just after put in cradle get a connection for a second then it drops well will try another night feel as tho made progress complete newby now knows about terminal and synce!!

Beans
    Hidden!

hi again YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH changed ip adress in IPAQ 192.168.131.201 manually . any this might help someone else. Now have it connected everything else can wait good night!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by kelleychambers View Post
    Click on sync... and nothing transfers into Evolution. Absolutely nothing! Where in hell is this stuff going? I look in the logs and everything seems fine... but NOTHING IS IN MY EVO!!!
    I ran into this too.

Edit your Multisync pair, and of the Evolution side, choose options. You'll see that by default, the options are not to sync anything: Calendar, Contacts, nor Tasks. Turn on the choices you want to sync.
    Robb Topolski
    Cape Cod, MA USA

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by funchords View Post
    I ran into this too.

Edit your Multisync pair, and of the Evolution side, choose options. You'll see that by default, the options are not to sync anything: Calendar, Contacts, nor Tasks. Turn on the choices you want to sync.
    No just that, but I think you have to tell it to sync with your "Personal" calendar etc. I don't know if that is true for everyone, but Mine appeared to be syncing, but not with my personal calendar. Since I ONLY have a personal calendar on this machine, I don't know where else it could have been trying to sync.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by chellie View Post
    hi again YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH changed ip adress in IPAQ 192.168.131.201 manually . any this might help someone else. Now have it connected everything else can wait good night!
    I,ve been trying for a long time to connect my iPAQ hx4700 to Ubuntu and came up with all the problems ever listed on these forums.

Can you write a step-by-step guide as to how you managed to get your device connected?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

hello when i follow youre howto i recieve this as output:

jonay@thunderdragon:~$ "multisync"
    [plugin_init:915] here
    plugin_API_version
    short_name
    long_name
    plugin_init
    object_types
    plugin_info
    [sync_connect:48] ----->
    [synce_info_from_file:51] unable to open file: /home/jonay/.synce/active_connection
    [rapi_context_connect:97] Failed to get connection info
    [synce_connect:291] Failed to initialize RAPI
    [sync_connect:62] <-----
    always_connected
    [evo2-sync] DEBUG: start: sync_connect
    [evo2-sync] INFORMATION: Loading state from file /home/jonay/.multisync/1/remotesettings
    [evo2-sync] WARNING: File /home/jonay/.multisync/1/remotesettings does not exist
    [evo2-sync] DEBUG: end: sync_connect
    [sync_disconnect:73] ----->
    [synce_join_thread:260] synce_join_thread called when no thread is running
    [sync_disconnect:79] <-----
    sync_disconnect
    [evo2-sync] INFORMATION: start: disconnect
    object_types
    object_types
    plugin_info
    [sync_connect:48] ----->
    [synce_info_from_file:51] unable to open file: /home/jonay/.synce/active_connection
    [rapi_context_connect:97] Failed to get connection info
    [synce_connect:291] Failed to initialize RAPI
    [sync_connect:62] <-----
    always_connected
    [evo2-sync] DEBUG: start: sync_connect
    [evo2-sync] INFORMATION: Loading state from file /home/jonay/.multisync/1/remotesettings
    [evo2-sync] WARNING: File /home/jonay/.multisync/1/remotesettings does not exist
    [evo2-sync] DEBUG: end: sync_connect
    [sync_disconnect:73] ----->
    [synce_join_thread:260] synce_join_thread called when no thread is running
    [sync_disconnect:79] <-----
    sync_disconnect
    [evo2-sync] INFORMATION: start: disconnect

did I something wrong ?

who can help me ?

kind regards,

balki2005

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by timczer View Post
    I am still looking for help with the "can't initialize RAPI" error I mentioned earlier in this thread. I tried running this in another linux distro (Mepis) and got to the same point with the same error. What do I need to do now? (I would like to get this working as it is pretty much the only reason I keep my XP OS loaded, so I can sync my PDA).

Did you ever manage to fix this problem i am running a dell axim x50 and i am getting the same error.

Regards

Karl

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast