Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install Ekiga with voipcheap account

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: Install Ekiga with voipcheap account

Nice How-to

This thread has been added to the UDSF wiki.

bodhi.zazen
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by creaturex View Post
    something wrong with a dns option, specifically the DNS_QUERY_BYPASS_CACHE is not implemented.
    Yea it's trying to manually reread the dns server and bypass the windows dns cache rofl... i don't think that's going to work

Eh I tried. Ran this in vmware with win2k and managed to setup an account.

Beans

hi you might get some better results if you use x-lite 3.0 for w in do ze installed in wine (not a normal one but in the wine created by ie4linux script) http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=2419
    the prog works with many voip provider ie freecall (it might work with voipcheap too)
    so far i was only able to ring but not to talk though but this might be because of my settings or some dll issues.

good luck

if you manage to talk then give some feedback here

pd i just observed that my reply is really off topic as this thread is on how to use voipcheap qith ekiga sorry
    Last edited by edemark; February 6th, 2007 at 01:05 AM.

Beans

i cannot understand why i cannot register in ekiga with cheapVoip or Internetcalls or anything else but ekiga account.

I followed the instruction, and many other similar in the net, but no results; the same procedure allows me to use tweakle with no problems, so it is not a router's firewall problem (no pc firewall)

I'm using edgy.

If someone can help me.............

Pb with tweakle is poor quality of sound for conterpart (this doesn't happen in XP with Cheapvoip software, so it is a tweakle problem)

Beans

i would add that ekiga works fine in 6.06 - it is definitely a problem with 6.10. Problems in quality of voice are the same as tweakle.

Any idea?

Paolo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Ekiga works fine in 6.10.

And just as an update to this thread, the betamax voip sites (voipdiscount.com, voipbuster.com, etc) don't have a time limit anymore. You need to put 10 euros into your account, but now they'll stay there until you use them up. So if you only talk for your 120 "free" days, and only to free numbers, you'll have free voip for as long as the company will be around, it seems.

Beans

Anyone to guide us using Ekiga with a 12voip account? (not using windows,wine)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

hmm... haven't tried it yet but I think it will be similar to the voipcheap account. Did you already try or do you have the possibility to install this software on a windows machine?

If so you'll probably get all the details off, that you need for ekiga, after you've installed it.

regards
    aliyanage
    ubuntu? ubuntu... ubuntu!!! =D>
    http://www.mindexchange.ch/

Beans

ok i got connected on my voipdiscount account.how do i send messages to another voipdiscount user who is online.i tried it(he is using *******).. he send me a msg but nothing came. PLEASE HELP me figure out whats going on. I open 5000-5100 ports as well on my modem/router
    Last edited by elias85; September 4th, 2007 at 09:20 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

voipdiscount seems to be the same exact deal as voipcheap is it not the same company?

I went though the whole process of downloading and installing voipcheap on a xp machine and then setting up the account in Ekiga.

After that I dialed a few numbers (including my own landline) I hear a ringing in Ekiga but no ring on the landline itself. So I'm not sure why its not working.

Then I went into the viopcheap home page and tried buying some credit (because I thought that maybe its not giving me the free minutes because I had no real credit), but couldn't because they only have somekind of UK payment systems (no paypal etc.)

Is this really worth the bother?

Aside for that can someone tell me
    1.how ekiga works with skype ?
    2. Can Ekiga run mutipule accounts at the same time like Pidgin?
    3. And what about buddy lists (where) do they show?
    4. What about Ekiga.net itself does it have voip to phone and how much does it cost?

BTW - I sent a test SMS via voipcheap site (without any money in the account, so it was free). I work very nicely, Anyone know how many free SMS you can send via there site? Is it a daily quota? Is there a way to send sms via ekiga? And what about sending out lists? I saw something about a hack for sending out lists via icq.

Thanks,
    Last edited by niceguy123; September 4th, 2007 at 11:46 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast