Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intro Meeting

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Intro Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by _lynX View Post
    Anyway, I think another topic for this meeting might be to explain or decide how the LoCo team will work. For example, what process will the team go through to make decisions? Are we going to have specific meetings for people to bring up general ideas, and then have a team vote on IRC, or on the site or something? I know it may be a little early to go that in-depth about process, but I've heard that it's not a bad thing to create a framework early on. Just a thought!
    That is a great idea!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by _lynX View Post
    Community colleges are a joke though!
    (This is way off topic, but I just wanted to comment)

I have to disagree with you. I went to Shawnee here in Portsmouth in the early 80's and got an associates in data processing. The computer program then was pretty darn good. Shawnee is now a full blown university and has 4 year programs in computer science & engineering. I started taking classes in the fall of 2005 towards a CET degree. The program is excellent, but the schedule is not geared towards an old guy like me with a full time job. Community colleges seem to be more geared towards accommodating working people who want to continue their education. I decided that this quarter that just ended would be my last. It's just too difficult to leave work to attend a class.

I also remember when I attended Shawnee Community College there were a lot of "older" people attending. This past year I hardly saw anyone near my age at all, except the professors.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Suggested Topics *update*

Team Structure (suggested by _lynX)
    Road map suggestions.

That should take the bulk of the time.

Does anyone think we need to cover any other topics?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 6.10 Edgy

If anyone has made any progress on creating a presentation, or has done any work on setting up or planning to set up a display, a testimonial might be nice to let us know the kind of work they've done so far, and how involving it is.
    -Ruby/Rails Enthusiast-
    Registered Linux User #432824 | Registered Ubuntu User #8722

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12