Quote Originally Posted by lazka View Post
    imho i prefer:
    Code:
    style "theme-default"
    {
      bg[NORMAL]        = "#F2F2F2"
    }
    instead of the darker one...
    and i think the background is far too flashy, bright, but it fits very well with the standard ubuntu wallpaper

thx
    I changed the background normal, using the colour you provide me!
    Thanks for the improvement,guy!
    iAc alias Lizardking - Ubuntu Artwork Team
    web: www.iacopomasi.net
    mail: iacopo.masi@gmail.com

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: OranSoda, new feisty theme proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Rotarychainsaw View Post
    I like the wallpaper.

If you use murrine, I think you should maybe configure it to be as plain as possible. Like flat menu items instead of striped. Animation = true of course though

Metacity looks a little plain. I prefer the one piece looking windows. I have been on beryl for a while though and kind of forget how well metacity can be themed.

I'll attach a screeny of how I would like oranSoda to look, and how it looks right now on my box.

ps didn't use your murrine config, i had fancy human already installed, I hope its close.
    Ok, the wallapaper it's ok!
    So, about the metacity theme your opinion is to change it! I like the Gilouche because provide a semi-flat impression like the wallpaper. So, What your metacity theme proposal? Let's post me a link. Perhaps I thought to use Clearlooks-Alternative metacity, a new theme from Gnome 2.16. Do you like it?

I think murrine fancy Human...is too fancy for the wallpaper, too glassy. The concave state dosen't fit well the theme. In my opinion striped menu are just a eyecandy hack, that could attract a lot of people. If I decide to make a flat theme, I will use Candido and not Murrine engine. Do you agree?
    Last edited by lizardking; December 6th, 2006 at 08:05 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re-reading my post, I came off as bossy lol.

I am not artistic, I just like using whatever catches my eye. This theme caught my eye because it's like a flashier human theme.

I get what your saying about the matte finish on the wallpaper and metacity theme. I guess they should match, I don't know. I like how a glossy window stands out more from a matte wallpaper though.

AS far as fancy human murrine, I guess I should add that I totally changed it with cimi's murrine configurator. I made it not concave, rounded corners, and some other stuff.

Candido seems a little too plain for my liking. its like the openbox of themes haha.

Just trying to give some feedback.

Beans
    Distro

Re-reading my post, I came off as bossy lol.

I am not artistic, I just like using whatever catches my eye. This theme caught my eye because it's like a flashier human theme.

I get what your saying about the matte finish on the wallpaper and metacity theme. I guess they should match, I don't know. I like how a glossy window stands out more from a matte wallpaper though.

AS far as fancy human murrine, I guess I should add that I totally changed it with cimi's murrine configurator. I made it not concave, rounded corners, and some other stuff.

Candido seems a little too plain for my liking. its like the openbox of themes haha.

Just trying to give some feedback.
    ok, could you send me you configuration of Murrine FancyHuman? I will try it. Yes, I think candido is a pretty engine, it sounds as openbox mee too
    So what your proposal for metacity?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

I don't really have a proposal for metacity. I tried out gillouche' (sp?)metacity with everything. I think it looks good. Everything looks good as you proposed.

I am only suggesting stuff because I want to see a bigger departure from the human theme. The stuff I want to see may be feisty + 2, yours looks like a nice next step from edgy though. I'll include my gtkrc from my fancy human.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Wow...this is almost exactly the same as my November desktop: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...47#post1769647

I definitely approve!

Beans
    Distro

I update the OranSoda Wiki Page with the new current request.
    New GDM, new metacity proposal, two colo-scheme and the default with the changed BG normal as request.
    I miss a splash screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I like the wallpaper.

If you use murrine, I think you should maybe configure it to be as plain as possible. Like flat menu items instead of striped. Animation = true of course though

Metacity looks a little plain. I prefer the one piece looking windows. I have been on beryl for a while though and kind of forget how well metacity can be themed.

I'll attach a screeny of how I would like oranSoda to look, and how it looks right now on my box.

ps didn't use your murrine config, i had fancy human already installed, I hope its close.
    I applaude you on your choice of music in this screenshot. Great song, great band.

Beans
    Distro

updated

Hi everybody,

I'm bringing OranSoda - the Orange Freshness at the top of the edge to make it rocks, with the main help of Andre Cimi, the author of Murrine Gtk Engines, a big artworkero!

Plz, review the new features and the new repsitory to test it at the OranSoda HomePage.

Testers are welcome.

ps @ testube_babies, Wich background panel do U use in your November desktop Screen shot similar to OranSoda?
    Last edited by lizardking; February 28th, 2007 at 12:32 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: updated

great look! I especially like the GDM, good work

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast