Thread: More Ubuntu CE Reviews

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thumbs up More Ubuntu CE Reviews

I just wanted to let everyone know of a recent review done at Linux.com, by Tom Possin "Using Unbuntu Christian Edition - a Review".

I thought it was a positive review. It gave a good impression of Ubuntu CE, from a function and usefullness point of view, especially for non-tech users such as home users & parents. Which I believe is one of the target audiences of Ubuntu CE, as well as Christians in general.

He does link to the Ubuntu CE download site, so someone could get it if so inclined.

I think it is more positive exposure for this great distro!! The Word is getting out!

God Bless,
    Randy

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu CE

Re: More Ubuntu CE Reviews

That is really neat. I hope that more people will reconize Ubuntu CE.
    "If you don't believe...if you can't accept anything by faith, then you're doomed to a life dominated by doubt."
    "I gave in and admitted that God was God."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Beans
    Hidden!

Here are the current reviews listed on the Ubuntu CE Distrowatch listing.

2.x: ExtremeTechLXer
    1.x: QuickworxTuxmachines

Jereme

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu CE

Wow. Getting popular by the seconds.
    "If you don't believe...if you can't accept anything by faith, then you're doomed to a life dominated by doubt."
    "I gave in and admitted that God was God."

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I have a friend who recently asked me to install Kubuntu on her machine. While installing, she asked if there was a way I could set up parental controls (she has a 9 year old daughter... sweet girl..). I told her I'd have to look into it... and research led me to this distro. I just emailed her saying I could re-install a linux with Parental controls fully integrated, as well as some Bible-themed/related software. I believe they're Christian as well, so they may definitely be interested.

As soon as I hear back from her, I'll be downloading the ISO.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by suziequzie View Post
    I have a friend who recently asked me to install Kubuntu on her machine. While installing, she asked if there was a way I could set up parental controls (she has a 9 year old daughter... sweet girl..). I told her I'd have to look into it... and research led me to this distro. I just emailed her saying I could re-install a linux with Parental controls fully integrated, as well as some Bible-themed/related software. I believe they're Christian as well, so they may definitely be interested.

As soon as I hear back from her, I'll be downloading the ISO.
    Make sure you download and save somewhere the latest Dansguardian GUI script before you install. The new script has several nice features that are not in the old one:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=312061
    "Help stop software piracy...use Linux. and FOSS!"
    What's better than whining on the forums? Making a difference!