Thread: Kids Software

Beans

Kids Software

Hi,

I am knew to Edubuntu, could anyone point me in the right direction for some applications for children.

I know there are loads of applications out there I just don't know where to find them or what they do.

Mainly younger children, age range 4-6.

Thanks you alot.

ironopolis.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Kids Software

I'm interested as well - especially for Montessori school for 3 to 5 year olds - also learning Spanish

Beans

A lot of the applications are in Applications->Education . However, for younger kids there is a cool app called gcompris. You can find it in Applications->Games->Educational suite gcompris .

If that's not enough or what you're looking for the edubuntu-users mailing list (more info on http://lists.ubuntu.com) should have more info.

Hope this helps,

-LaserJock
    "That's all very well in practice, but will it ever work in theory?" -- G. Hill
    "A tidy laboratory means a lazy chemist." -- Jöns Jacob Berzelius

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have set several boxes for a kindergarten that were running xubuntu plus some of the games in edubuntu
    the most popular were :
    childsplay
    tuxpaint
    gcompris
    (actually i think one or two of them didn't come with edubuntu , i added them later...can't remember)
    since these computers run really low hardware ,xubuntu was too slow and i finally found a great version of puppy linux which is supper fast and contains some more games (sadly no childsplay though)
    check it out here