Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One leap forward for me, another back for MS :)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: One leap forward for me, another back for MS :)

Quote Originally Posted by maddog39 View Post
    I dont understand why everyone doesnt just run ******* in VMWare Server or something. Thats what I'm planning to do with my wasted 300$ CD. Running, ******* on top of linux, hahahaha, I have to take a screeny of that one and share it with everyone.
    Some of us do. I run Windows NT 4.0 Workstation in VMWare server running under Ubuntu Dapper. Also tried XP pro and Vista RC1 in VMWare server running under Ubuntu Dapper.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Congrats!

I've been 98% Ubuntu for at least a year. I kept windo$e around for games and MatLab, but I don't have time for games anymore (school) and I now have MatLab for linux. Now I'm finally free!

EW
    Linux User # 426321

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

my phone has usb software for windows only, and my laptop has no bluetooth

thats all thats keeping me right now

im hopefully going to be getting a new laptop at christmas, with bluetooth (and intel wireless, nvidia graphics etc.) so it will be bye bye windows, hello linux

incidentally my niece will be getting her first desktop at christmas too, and ill probably be setting up ssh or remote desktop to help administer it remotely. (no one else really has any linux skills, so it will be down to me)

Beans

I to have Win XP running within vmware server I mainly because 2-3 programs I can't completely get away from I wish I could get them to run under wine so I didn't have to still support ******* by using XP wheather it's inside vmware or not it is still being used thus still supporting Bill Gates empire.

Vmware just makes it easier to get to Win then partitioning HD and having to reboot to get into Win then reboot back into Linux.... If I could run the programs I am too used to to completely dump I'd not need to have Win on my comp in any form.

iPower is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!

99.9% Microsoft free since 1996

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12