Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    london
    Beans
    50
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Smile Re: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

    Habari zenu to the Kenyan ubuntu forum from one kenyan brother in the UK. Talk of the weather really makes me miss home 'cos at the moment i'm freezing my a** over here. Let's try and really popularise this great software.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

    Re: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Iandefor View Post
    Oh, lovely. I just hope that weather clears up a wee bit before I get there . I've been committed since late September to this trip and can't back out now just because of some nasty weather.

    I think I may be swinging through Kisumu at some point- shall I bring an Edgy disc or two ?
    That would be great, thank you. I'd be glad to show you around if you're in town for a few days. Just PM me.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nairobi, Kenya
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

    Re: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

    sorry for posting thrice, i had a very erratic internet connection.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

    Re: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

    Quote Originally Posted by zsh View Post
    sorry for posting thrice, i had a very erratic internet connection.
    Not to worry - it happens! I was trying to work out how you managed to be [strike]in the forums[/strike] in IRC twice at the same time earlier. Anyway, you've just given me the first ever excuse to moderate someone in this here forum.

    Well done you!
    Last edited by davehat; November 27th, 2006 at 07:25 PM. Reason: brain mung caused bad word pile up...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

    Quote Originally Posted by davehat View Post
    That would be great, thank you. I'd be glad to show you around if you're in town for a few days. Just PM me.
    Well, there are a couple of things to be mindful of:

    1. I'm not even sure if I'll be going to Kisumu yet

    2. If I do go, it a) won't be for more than a day, and b) I'll probably have no leisure time at all.

    That said, I would sincerely like to stop by and at least say 'hi' .
    This space intentionally left blank.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Beans
    25

    Re: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

    Never mind not going to kisumu, I'm in Nairobi and so are most of us. Actually, be worried of not saying habari when you come. Just remember the slogan, hakuna matata.
    All in all, enjoy your holiday when you arrive .

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

    Re: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Iandefor View Post
    Well, there are a couple of things to be mindful of:

    1. I'm not even sure if I'll be going to Kisumu yet

    2. If I do go, it a) won't be for more than a day, and b) I'll probably have no leisure time at all.

    That said, I would sincerely like to stop by and at least say 'hi' .
    Hey, not to worry, you wouldn't be the first to miss Kisumu on a trip to Kenya - not by a long stretch...

    If you make it this way, I'd be glad to catch you. Either way, have a great trip, I hope your business here goes well.

    Oh, and apt on CD is great! Thanks for that little tip.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Beans
    467

    Re: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

    Habari za Leo!!

    I would never expect this many other people that live in Kenya and run Linux.
    Nice to hear this!
    Educate men without faith and you make them clever devils
    Educate men without Linux, then yeah, the opposite happens
    Let Chakra guide the way
    U.3F

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Beans
    25

    Re: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

    Quote Originally Posted by EdThaSlayer View Post
    Habari za Leo!!

    I would never expect this many other people that live in Kenya and run Linux.
    Nice to hear this!
    Well, you are in for a rude awakenig, ask me how many installations I have done for people in Nairobi alone, you'll be amazed. But the one that took it all is when some lady asked me to format for her an ext3 filesystem, I wonder where she got that literature.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Beans
    467

    Re: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldotis View Post
    Well, you are in for a rude awakenig, ask me how many installations I have done for people in Nairobi alone, you'll be amazed. But the one that took it all is when some lady asked me to format for her an ext3 filesystem, I wonder where she got that literature.
    Good to hear this!
    That lady actually asked you that?
    Maybe she researched about Linux before you got there!
    Who knows?
    Educate men without faith and you make them clever devils
    Educate men without Linux, then yeah, the opposite happens
    Let Chakra guide the way
    U.3F

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •