Thread: Help on Subject (I/O and Memory Management)

Beans

Smile Help on Subject (I/O and Memory Management)

hi... i'm just new in linux but not that new... i can easily adopt to something new.. our prof in our subject I/O and Memory Management give us an assignment that, she wanted us to give here the technical informations on i/o management and memory management of five operating systems excluding windows 2000 and unix... advance thanks for the help... i would like to ask if there somebody have some info about the memory and i/o management of ubuntu, kubuntu, fedora core and other popular linux based OS.... thanks again... i'm having very difficult time on serching it through the web using google or yahoo and i don't got my own internet connection... and i'm running out of time and that assignment is equivalent to our prelim exam.... please help.... thanks...8)

Beans

Re: Help on Subject (I/O and Memory Management)

I/O and memory management is done by the kernel, and since various Linux distros use the same kernel, you should research for Linux memory and I/O management in general.

Start here for memory management:

http://linux-mm.org/
    http://gentoo-wiki.com/FAQ_Linux_Memory_Management
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_management
    Previously known as 23meg

Beans

yo... thanks for the links... i'll try it... thanks.. again.. but do you have any link about the same topic for windows, you know we need five... and using search engine like yahoo and google takes me ages to find something i need, most of the results i found are course sylabus of universities and others are from proprietary sites that needs membership before i get my hands on the info... thanks again....

Beans

Previously known as 23meg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by cs_baliw_cs View Post
    yo... thanks for the links... i'll try it... thanks.. again.. but do you have any link about the same topic for windows, you know we need five... and using search engine like yahoo and google takes me ages to find something i need, most of the results i found are course sylabus of universities and others are from proprietary sites that needs membership before i get my hands on the info... thanks again....
    When I give assignments like this to my class, it is for two reasons: 1) so they get some information on the topic of interest (I/O management in your case); and 2) so they will learn to find reliable sources of technical information. It sounds like you have procrastinated for a while and are looking for us to bail you out. I don't mean to lecture, but if you are having trouble finding the information you need, you will likely need to modify your search terms, use a different search engine, try some other search tools, etc. This seems like the type of information you will need to search for quite a lot in the computer science field. If you never learn where to find the information on your own, what good is your education?
    This looks nothing like my signature...
    My Page

Beans

Smile Re: Help on Subject (I/O and Memory Management)

yo thanks for the reply... thanks for the help... now i can have an aditional hour to sleep... i've been having sleepless nights coz of to many projects... to add that i don't have to many resources coz i don't have my own internet connection and buying expensive books is not an option coz we don't have much money to buy those things... thanks for the help... i don't know if my classmates have the same thing with me coz they usually copy but i would like to do it my self but i can't do that with out any help, coz i'm just human who can't live alone, we need everyone to live on... thanks for the help.... thanks again...8)